• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alright you AK guys.....

Arsenals are it and miss. Decent rifles but overpriced and yes I have one. Definitely not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I would rather have a Vepr, Saiga, or Chinese (polytech/norinco) just to name a few before taking the plunge again for a Arsenal but to each is own... As a matter of fact I don't think I'll ever buy a factory assembled AK again since I've started tinkering on my own.

In any case, you need to fingerbang the rifle and give a real good look over what ever you purchase.

Some great info here... what do you AK guys think of Saigas?

I am not an AK guy...but have done a lot of research... No I haven't shot all of these guns.

It appears to me that the collective conventional opinion of AK's prefers Russian guns.

It seems to me the conventional wisdom rates these generally as the top three? I don't know...I am asking here. Are these genrally considered among the top of the generally available AK's.

1) VEPR
2) Arsenal
3) Saiga's

And do folks generally prefer Russian guns because they are really better or because they are becoming rarer?

My collection needs one. What's the best, highest quality AK you can get for the money. I know AR's, but not AK's, so educate me. I've been told to stay away from WASR's or whatever they're called. I've been told to stick with a Polish milled AK from Atlantic Firearms. I would want one completely original with the wood stock and all. Thoughts?
@optimist may have some real nice in box AK's for you. He's got the stash.

I am not an AK guy...but have done a lot of research... No I haven't shot all of these guns.

It appears to me that the collective conventional opinion of AK's prefers Russian guns.

It seems to me the conventional wisdom rates these generally as the top three? I don't know...I am asking here. Are these genrally considered among the top of the generally available AK's.

1) VEPR
2) Arsenal
3) Saiga's

And do folks generally prefer Russian guns because they are really better or because they are becoming rarer?

People have opinions. It's best to explain your opinion sometimes. How did I arrive at my conclusions regarding AK's.

The world's foremost expert on the Kalashnikov rifle is the Russian military. Anyone that argues against that position is wrong.

The most similar weapon to the one currently issued to Russian infantry, that an American can readily get his hands on at this very moment is the SLR-104.

That's the logic behind my opinion, besides shooting/owning many options and still coming to the conclusion that the Russian military is correct.

6504230-russian-soldier-in-winter-uniform-with-the-machine-gun-on-the-forest-background.jpg

1) VEPR
2) Arsenal
3) Saiga's

Kinda. The Norinco guns are probably the best within a somewhat reasonable price range. There is always Rifle Dynamics, they live and breathe AK's. I have no experience with them, but it would stand to reason that if they can teach folks to build them for money, they can build a nice weapon. Krebs customs also builds AK's. Im sure someone will chime on who has one or who has shot one. Arsenal just assembles AK's on bulgarian kits, or converts a Saiga for you. With the AR market being very soft right now, it seems strange that AK's have not come down in price at all. You can always start with a well built WASR, and chances are, it will do everything you want an AK to do.

Back
Top Bottom