• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Always assume it's loaded

So what? Being prepared to defend yourself and others is a responsibility and mind set. The fact I accept that responsibility is one of my defining characteristics. I refuse to be a victim or bystander. Playing the odds has nothing to do with it.

So what? If you are bent on doing some good giving out free sun block would add greater value to society than toting a gun.

So what? If you are bent on doing some good giving out free sun block would add greater value to society than toting a gun.
Maybe, but that is not who I am. I'm not carrying a gun to make a statement or for the greater good. I carry one because I am responsible for my own safety and choose not to leave that up to chance anymore than necessary.

As I pointed out in a previous post, regardless of what the odds are, I have been directly involved in stopping three criminal assaults on others and preventing one on my wife and myself. In the three I stopped, my weapon never came into play, but it easily could have. Brandishing it was directly responsible for preventing two men from mugging me and my wife.

So much for statistical likelihood.

Back
Top Bottom