• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Always assume it's loaded

Agreed. I walk the streets of Macondishu without a round in the chamber and feel perfectly comfortable in my ability to chamber a round in an emergency. I practice it. Often.

Yeah I am different...I stay at condition one when I'm carrying. Muggings, robberies, etc are completely unscheduled events for us civilized folks and when something goes down it usually goes down fast. I believe you when you say you've practiced racking the slide a lot but in my mind Murphy's law is a bitch and rears its ugly head at the worst possible times. When split seconds may matter, drawing the gun is the most time consuming obstacle I am willing to deal with. I don't even like safeties. That's just me, though. Of course we've talked about shooting before and there is no question you are a far better hand gunner than I am so there is that too...LOL..All the more reason for me to have less obstacles. At least I know my limitations, admit them to myself and prepare accordingly. Reaction time saves lives. Of that I have no doubt.

All anyone has to do is look up some videos of shootouts to see several common themes. One of those themes is things escalate very quickly, and unexpectedly most times. Again, reaction time saves lives...

I believe situational awareness, tactics and especially reaction time (again) are more important than being a good shot, in order to survive. Col Jeff Cooper agreed. Being a good shot certainly doesn't hurt, though.

My opinion only means squat to one person. Me...But how we carry is a decision based on our own opinions of ourselves and how we feel most confident with our personal defense. That's the way it should be. Everyone is different.

Alrighty then. I understand, you just like to argue with people spewing garbage that you know very little about, or is it just some personal vendetta you have for me?

I don't think you have ever answered any question that I have ever asked you. You do however always seem to rant and rave about what you don't know about, and call others names. You sir defiantly deserve respect.
LMAO! Typical failed argument. Accuse others of the very things you yourself do.

As for me not answering your questions, that's what I just did in response to the post in this thread you directed at me.

As for arguing needlessly, note you are the only person that read my post that didn't understand exactly what I was talking about. It seems you are the one taking things personally because I call out your cop hating BS in other threads.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I understand exactly what you are trying to talk about, but you're busy trying to be coy with your insults, to make a coherent statement.:wacko:

Ok. You win. Maybe some will come along and staple some barbwire to you later.:shocked:

Sad little man.[/QUOTE]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Once again, accusing others of what you do. Remember, I was responding to your snide post directed at me. If you "understand exactly what you are trying to talk about", then why did you ask the questions?

LMAO! Typical failed argument. Accuse others of the very things you yourself do.

As for me not answering your questions, that's what I just did in response to the post in this thread you directed at me.

As for arguing needlessly, note you are the only person that read my post that didn't understand exactly what I was talking about. It seems you are the one taking things personally because I call out your cop hating BS in other threads.

Oh. I understand exactly what you are trying to talk about, but you're busy trying to be coy with your insults, to make a coherent statement.:wacko:

Ok. You win. Maybe some will come along and staple some barbwire to you later.:shocked:

Sad little man.[/QUOTE]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Once again, accusing others of what you do. Remember, I was responding to your snide post directed at me. If you "understand exactly what you are trying to talk about", then why did you ask the questions?[/QUOTE]

" You are too. Nanny Nanny Boo Boo." Dude you are a joke. LOL But please don't go tell your mom, I'd hate for her to make you get off the net. LOL

Sad little man.
Once again, accusing others of what you do. Remember, I was responding to your snide post directed at me. If you "understand exactly what you are trying to talk about", then why did you ask the questions?[/QUOTE]

" You are too. Nanny Nanny Boo Boo." Dude you are a joke. LOL But please don't go tell your mom, I'd hate for her to make you get off the net. LOL[/QUOTE]
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Well, that about sums it up. :tsk:

I've already found a couple of thoroughly entertaining threads in a short amount of time this morning. This could turn out to be an interesting day!
Haha I woke up late af for work rushed out no coffee and picked a fight with palmettomoon just because I know he'll hit me back :becky::boink::fencing:

upload_2017-4-4_10-50-35.png

Haha I woke up late af for work rushed out no coffee and picked a fight with palmettomoon just because I know he'll hit me back :becky::boink::fencing:
Haha, you know there's that special someone for everyone out there in ODT world. I think I've got a few . . . Soooo many grouchy, angry, bitter old men to provoke . . . .

Back
Top Bottom