• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Always assume it's loaded

upload_2017-4-4_12-29-9.png

Would you call that an accident or you being negligent?

I am not a lawyer but I can't state in stronger terms how stupid I was. Thats all on me. But if someone hands you a gun and you pull the trigger prior to checking the chamber with the gun pointed in a dangerous direction that is impossible to justify. But it was inexcusable for me to put that gentleman in that situation. Luckily one of us was using our brain that day.

I have a slight advantage when it comes to racking the slide. My Pit Bull will give me enough time to get that done. When he clamps down on your ass I will have enough time to go to the gun shop and buy a gun to defend against the intruder. LOL Don't let that smile in the pic fool you. 500 psi of bite force is enough to break bone. He weighs about 90 lbs. That's almost two bags of sack crete chomping on your ass. He He He.

Yeah bro 14 years old with 3 tours to combat as an infantry squad leader, wounded in combat, instructing off and on for 8 years, concealed carrying for 12, I've lived a fast life no?

You have my respect, you have the cred earned through blood. I have a friend who was an army ranger for 2 tours in Afghanistan who received so many of those "combat coins" (?) that he gave one to my son. He is truly badass. He is also respectful, humble and polite.

I have a slight advantage when it comes to racking the slide. My Pit Bull will give me enough time to get that done. When he clamps down on your ass I will have enough time to go to the gun shop and buy a gun to defend against the intruder. LOL Don't let that smile in the pic fool you. 500 psi of bite force is enough to break bone. He weighs about 90 lbs. That's almost two bags of sack crete chomping on your ass. He He He.

True. For the past 25 years I have always had at least 3 dogs. And none of them ever liked the other. Ugh. I have broken up many dog fights. Terrible stuff. And 3 of those dogs were Rottweilers. One is the pug in my avatar. When a big strong dog clamps down on you (even accidentally like in my experiences), its difficult to focus on anything else.

I love all dogs.

My overwhelming thought when I read these threads is that we are all far more suceptible to dying from heart disease or cancer than needing a gun to keep us and our families physically and financially safe.

But eating healthy and exercising is hard, and requires discipline.

To all of you that have fought in Vietnam and the Middle East my respect for you is beyond measure. The rest of us living in Georgia, not living in the inner city aren't statistically in much danger. And to those that want to call me on the math, I have taken 2 semesters of both graduate level statistics and calculus. Your odds of being attacked are slim. Yes - you never know.

My overwhelming thought when I read these threads is that we are all far more suceptible to dying from heart disease or cancer than needing a gun to keep us and our families physically and financially safe.

To all of you that have fought in Vietnam and the Middle East my respect for you is beyond measure. The rest of us living in Georgia, not living in the inner city aren't statistically in much danger. And to those that want to call me on the math, I have taken 2 semesters of both graduate level statistics and calculus. Your odds of being attacked are slim. Yes - you never know.

I eat healthy and exercise, so really the only thing I have to worry about is tornados and being attacked.:wacko:

If you have already had to defend yourself with a firearm, what are the chances of ever having to do it again?

What if you have had to defend yourself twice with a firearm?

I partied like a mad dog in college, I rely don't remember much, well except her name was Mona.:tape2:

So what? Being prepared to defend yourself and others is a responsibility and mind set. The fact I accept that responsibility is one of my defining characteristics. I refuse to be a victim or bystander. Playing the odds has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom