Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - June 13 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I alone? Just curious.....

Thread in 'Area 51' started by wetcow45tte2001, May 3, 2019.

1. wetcow45tte2001

wetcow45tte2001 100% Chuck Norris approved Supporter

Supporter

69   0

Rating
    100%
    So I've been watching this youtube channel called howtohunt.com. This professional hunting guide named Steve tells stories from his life in the woods. Some are amazing, some are out there, and some are really quite funny....Anyway he has a few stories where he tells how himself and a few others have had bigfoot run ins.
    Most will laugh this off but I personally have had 2 encounters myself. Both were in VA a few years back, along the Blue ridge mountain range.
    The 1st time I was coming out after a day of scouting the Fort Lewis WMA. Instead of following the trail down a mountain spine, I decided it would be quicker to drop into this dark holler and cut across some swamp land. Long story short, once I got down towards the bottom I was overwhelmed with a feeling of dread. It was out of nowhere since I'd been having an awesome day. I had the feeling of being watched so I slowly scanned my surroundings and saw a really large, dark, humanoid figure more or less 50yds back up the ridge right where I had just come through. I figured my eyes were playing tricks on me but than it moved closer. Only having a knife and a walking stick with me and not wanting to run or panic I steadily made my way along the swamp outskirts and back to my truck before it got to dark to see.

The 2nd time I was driving at 9:30pm to a little country store to buy a jug of milk. It was only a 10min trip that I had made hundreds of times without incident. Halfway there, in a lonely section without any houses, where the road goes between the foot of a mountain and a decent size creek an upright figure walked out in front of my truck. It wasn't very big, maybe 4' but it definitely wasn't a person or a bear. I guess it could have been a gorilla but there's usually a shortage of those running loose in Virginia. It was covered in black hair/fur from head to toe and as I stopped my truck not to run into it, it looked over at me, hastened its pace and disappeared down the embankment towards the creek.

I was wondering if any one else has had any encounters here in GA or any other unexplainable run ins to share.

Tony2X, Madrox, diacnik and 3 others like this.
  2. JDS556762

JDS556762 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

156   0

Rating
    100%
    I believe fully. Those are interesting experiences. I’ve never had one myself but it’s almost comical at this point that people don’t believe in the potential and pursue the truth.

MAF likes this.
  3. DinkyDau

DinkyDau Your only as good as your word! Supporter

Supporter

136   0

Rating
    100%
  4. JDS556762

JDS556762 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

156   0

Rating
    100%
    Check out Sasquatch Chronicles with Wes on YouTube and I think you’ll feel better knowing you’re not the only one

5. wetcow45tte2001

Supporter

69   0

Rating
    100%
    I can tell you the one in the truck was a lot less sphincter tightening than the one on foot in the woods!

Toothpick and JDS556762 like this.
  6. 10thmountain

10thmountain American Warhorse.

98   0

Rating
    100%
    seems like someone would have kilt one by now.

Dawgfan1988 likes this.
  7. wetcow45tte2001

Supporter

69   0

Rating
    100%
    Maybe they have but weren't able to make it out with the evidence.... alive.

JDS556762 likes this.
  8. Kahrnut

Kahrnut The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

148   0

Rating
    100%
  9. Wolfpenhiker

Wolfpenhiker Panzer Driver Supporter

Supporter

37   0

Rating
    100%
    While hiking the AT I ran into a big old hairy gal in Pennsylvania I thought was a sasquatch. Glad I was northbound and she was southbound.

don231s and cjnowell72 like this.
  10. GAGunguy

GAGunguy The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

194   1

Rating
    99.4%
    Yeah, we would have found one dead, or found one alive, or found an old one, or a sick one, or shot one, or trapped one, or run one over with a car.

its a myth.

whitmo, Johnson4 and Blue bio balls like this.