• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am i cool?

LOL.... I'm really not, I just don't go out of my way to be a dick to cops. (their job is already hard enough)

now security guards on the other hand, I bust their balls like there is no tomorrow.

Cops are no different than you or I. They punch the time clock and want the day to be over. It is what it is.

Unfortunately that website isn't always up to date either.

But, it is the best one I know of.

True... I haven't found a site that is 100% up to date all the time, but they are the closest I've seen.

I use that as a jump off point then do news searches on the state looking for recent articles about permit or carry law changes.

Between those two you get a pretty good sense of what you need to do in a particular state.

We get spoiled here in GA with pretty reasonable, rational gun laws. We forget that even other 'gun friendly' states have laws that could put us in jail if we acted like we do at home.

The laws change so often that I check several websites and usually find conflicting info then I call state police in the states I want to travel through and I usually have to talk to a couple different people until I find someone who tells me how to travel through their state.
Some may require gun in plain view, some in glove box, some unloaded.....it's definitely time for national "what part of the second amendment don't you understand" reciprocity.

Cmon Trump....spread the MAGA ON THIS.

The laws change so often that I check several websites and usually find conflicting info then I call state police in the states I want to travel through and I usually have to talk to a couple different people until I find someone who tells me how to travel through their state.
Some may require gun in plain view, some in glove box, some unloaded.....it's definitely time for national "what part of the second amendment don't you understand" reciprocity.

Cmon Trump....spread the MAGA ON THIS.
That National Reciprocity legislation does not change any of the states's carry laws with regards to how, when, where....etc. If it passes you will still need to know the carry laws of the state you will be in.

Don't ever tell the officer your carrying. Instead, I would simply hand them your carry permit with your drivers license and let them ask the questions. The last thing you want to use if pulled over are hot button words like "weapon" or "gun".....you don't know if there's some rookie cop you didn't see on the other side of the car that only hears the word "gun".

ODT LEO's thoughts?

Don't ever tell the officer your carrying. Instead, I would simply hand them your carry permit with your drivers license and let them ask the questions. The last thing you want to use if pulled over are hot button words like "weapon" or "gun".....you don't know if there's some rookie cop you didn't see on the other side of the car that only hears the word "gun".

ODT LEO's thoughts?

Unfortunately some states have a duty to inform law.
Yes...it's retarded.
Ga does not.

Back
Top Bottom