• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one........

Dayuuuum, ...Ballzzy
but I've seen plenty of revolvers not turn when loaded or semi- autos do something weird, but if I ever had a choice at keeping it unfired hoping it would work, Sig and Glock would be the only ones IMO. ....But that's unimaginable circumstances I couldn't keep my mind from completing the test fire at some point LOL

I seriously haven't fired my gen2 19 or my mk 23. The last gun I fired was a Zenith mp5 to function test to see if it was worth SBRing. No joke bro. Really not stirring the pot this time. ;)
"I just got two new girlfriends that want to get naked but I'm gonna carry 'em around and abstain until I need it" That's what I read, good luck...Why play the odds when you surely have proven producers, the risk ain't worth the reward.

I Love shootin all mine and can't see that changing. I even shoot my deer rifles a Good bit , one'a my best friends gets on me bout shootin my deer rifles to much but till i reach perfection (never ; especially with my eye sight dwindling) Imma keep chootin long as i can afford ammo or shoot the barrels out. Been wantin to upgrade a few barrels anyway? I'll shoot'em far yee LOL

I Love shootin all mine and can't see that changing. I even shoot my deer rifles a Good bit , one'a my best friends gets on me bout shootin my deer rifles to much but till i reach perfection (never ; especially with my eye sight dwindling) Imma keep chootin long as i can afford ammo or shoot the barrels out. Been wantin to upgrade a few barrels anyway? I'll shoot'em far yee LOL

Imma keep chootin as long as I can.

Words to live by sir!

I do not carry anything that I am not confident works properly AND I am confident that I can hit where I intend. To assume either is complacent at best. Go have fun at the range, so you never have to doubt either question.

Murphy's law will get'cha. I bought a 1911 that didn'the work the first time i took it too the range. Tommy at lock stock and barrel took it apart, put it back together and said take it back and get it fixed under warranty. Also met a guy who bought a Taurus, loaded it up and off he went. Months later he got carjacked, he pulled his gun pulled the trigger and click. Tap rack click, carjacker shot him, tap rack click. Carjacking took off. Apparently the Taurus has a safety lock. Just sayin better sure than shot.

I've carried guns for defense that I've never shot.
But OTHER PEOPLE had shot them, and told me they worked.
Oh, and one was brand new and never fired, but it was a S&W revolver.
I carried it for a week or two before I had a chance to get to the range.
I dry fired it and it seemed to be OK per that function test.

One gun I carried for 2 weeks without firing was a slightly-used 1911.
I tested it with some old (WWII production) FMJ ammo. It worked great.

Since I had not yet done my research on what was the best .45 ACP hollowpoint ammo to buy for defense, I didn't buy any ammo with the gun. I just shot that old WWII ammo that I already had from prior 1911's I'd used before.

It took a couple of weeks for me to pick a brand of ammo (Remington Golden Saber, 240 gr.), and make it back to the range to test THAT.

(Good thing I didn't carry that ammo in the gun, for defense, prior to testing it. That gun had some failures-to-feed with that ammo, and later I discovered with any hollowpoint ammo. So the gun went to a gunsmith for a feed ramp polish and chamber throat job.)

Who has never fired their carry guns?

Ones a HK and the other a Glock so I am guessing I got a better than 50% chance they will work. Pew pew pew. Merica' ;)
ifserious.jpg

Back
Top Bottom