• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I wrong? (delivery drivers)

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Just ordered supper from a national chain pizza place. My tab was $24.xx and I handed him 2 $20s and asked for $10 back. He didn't have enough money on him to break a $20. Told him to take it back w/ him. About 10 minutes later I got a call from the manager wanting to know what the problem was. I told her that he couldn't make change and I wasn't paying $40 for a $24 pizza. She acted all offended and asked if I wanted my food. I told her no, I had already ordered from a competitor.

This has happened several times in the last few months from various places. They "claim" to not be able to make change for a $20. Sometimes I stiff them on the delivery fee and sometimes I just let them keep it, really just depends on what the total is. I am a great tipper. While I do not understand why I am being charged a delivery fee that specifically says that it doesn't go to the driver, I don't purposefully stiff the delivery driver. But, I sick of being cheated because they do not carry enough money to break a freaking $20 bill!!

:frusty: Rant over...

delivery drivers get robbed/shot/killed for a few bucks
best they dont have cash on them
when i was a kid working at pizza hut one of our drivers
was robbed and got the **** kicked out of him.
he spent a few days in the hospital.

Definitely a first world problem.

I might order pizza once in four years.

All they would do to me is put me on their do not deliver list.
Maybe tell them when you order that you need them to break a twenty.
Either that or put the 4+ tip on a card.

I only order food when I am at work. I don't get an actual lunch break, I eat at my desk. So, it's either delivery or go hungry. I refuse to give out my card over the telephone. I got hacked/scammed twice last year doing that. So it's cash or nothing. I have told different places in the past that all I had was $20s, but it slipped my mind tonight.

delivery drivers get robbed/shot/killed for a few bucks
best they dont have cash on them
when i was a kid working at pizza hut one of our drivers
was robbed and got the **** kicked out of him.
he spent a few days in the hospital.

I can see that. But, a $20 is a pretty small bill to break. He was delivering to a business, not the hood. :)

Would it also be on me if I were to go to a restaurant and order food to make sure I have exact change to pay my bill?
Not the same for a number of reasons.I can pay with my credit card at the restaurant, if I so choose.

Don't order delivery if you are not prepared.

Back
Top Bottom