• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I wrong? (delivery drivers)

I never left the armory when I was at the 48th.
Two delivery drivers shot, robbed, then shot in the head execution style here in Macongo last Chriffmuff. College kids trying to make a little Christmas money. Still a "who dunned it" as far as I know.

I was getting 60-75 hours a week for years until I went on the straight 40 contract.
If you are watching kids and avoid a daycare bill or something I get it, but I would be miserable.
I would have little patience for the look you get when the driver can't bust a $20.

And that may be my problem tonight, my patience is worn thin. I have never told them to take my food back. Until tonight.

We work a rotating Davis type schedule. 2 on 2 off; 2 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off Repeat So, normal schedule is work 2 days one week and 5 the next. It is great. Until the OT kicks in and then you are left w/ few days off. And, since we are on night shift and technically work 6 hours of our day off; I go 2 weeks at a time w/o a day off. Now, I am not complaining about the OT (it helps feed the ODT addiction); but I just don't have the energy to cook and clean the kitchen.

Two delivery drivers shot, robbed, then shot in the head execution style here in Macongo last Chriffmuff. College kids trying to make a little Christmas money. Still a "who dunned it" as far as I know.

And, I can understand not carrying a lot of cash on you for this very reason (although, you're still more than likely to get shot anyway). But, this was a delivery to a business, less than a mile from the restaurant. No travelling through the hood. No dodging gang bangers. Just a quick leisurely jaunt down Bullsboro Dr in Newnan. LOL

Oh I get it. I went from having money and no time to spend it to having time and no money.
I do get to see my kids off and greet them most days coming home so I will take it for now.

Unfortunately, much of job is down time. I am still able to spend money w/o leaving the computer. So, making really good money and still broke. :)

Back
Top Bottom