• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I wrong? (delivery drivers)

Back around 07 I tried delivering pizzas for a Pizza Hut in North Macon. I lasted about half a shift. At the time I was driving a 94 Camry that did okay on gas. But what I quickly learned is that nobody tips the pizza guy anymore. Seriously I delivered one to a regular customer in one of the upper crust gated communities and got no tip at all. On top of that the lady wrote a damn check even though she knew and I knew we weren't supposed to take a check. The last order I took some grade school kid came to the door and was nearly a dollar short. When I got back to the store the manager told me I had forgotten to take their 2 liter Pepsi with the order and to take it back to them. I told her she could take it back to them cause I was done.
Here's what's worse. When a delivery driver is clocked in and at the store he gets whatever minimum wage is now. But when they go out on a delivery they make about half that much as in whatever the waitress minimum wage is now. It's about $2.30 an hour. See the companies and gubment are assuming that wait staff and delivery drivers are raking in the cash money in tips. So they screw them on the hourly rate. But more often than not the tips just ain't there. That waitress minimum or whatever they call it should be Illegal.

When I was working at a steakhouse I claimed 10% of my food sales... I averaged 30-40% of my food sales per night average $130/200 per night.. and then I discovered bar tending in the $100-400 per night but LONG HOURS!

6-7 days a week for several years and made more doe then most of my friends who got degrees and school debt even to this day

lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n try bringing a loaf of bread and some PB&J... lmao

I did. Someone ate my PB. :)

IMG_8491.GIF

You can't leave anything laying around here. There is an unwritten rule, that anything left over at the end of shift becomes public property. And, I'll be damned if some of them don't take that to heart.

I have often considered this, but to be honest, we don't cook at home so there are no leftovers. Being on 12 hour night shifts and working a lot of OT, I don't have time or energy to get up early enough to make something. Yes, it is just an excuse, but a valid one in my eyes. :)
I worked 12 hour shifts at the tire recycling plant in Jackson in 04/05. 6 PM to 6 AM. That **** gets old real quick. It's not right or realistic to ask anyone to work more than 10 hours a day. And when I worked that shift more often than not the guys on the day shift would drag ass in 15 to 30 minutes late. And after you just worked half a damn day every minute you have to wait on the next guy really pisses you off. It's like you only have a small window of time n the morning to do everything you need to do and other people are screwing that up.
I remember working all that overtime. By halfway through Wednesday of every week I was into time and a half. Then when I got my check every other week the state and Federal had stuck me for basically a car payment. There's a tipping point in working overtime where you start going backwards financially.

I personally would not drive all the way across town at night to bring someone a pizza for 5 or 6 dollars.
I also would not expect someone to bring me one for 5 or 6 dollars .
I just believe its worth more !!!!! I also tip very well !!!!

Back
Top Bottom