• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I wrong? (delivery drivers)

A completely different rant on the same subject. There are no good pizza places down here but on occasion I feel the need for a pie. I ordered a pizza from Marcos and found out that they charge a delivery fee. So now you pay for the pizza, pay for delivery and I guess you're supposed to tip the driver as well?
We always order from our local Marco's. Best chain pizza we've found. Usually got a coupon that offsets delivery charge, and the drivers know we tip well, so we're first on their run and the order's still hot. Everyone should start out in the service industry so they learn the importance of a proper tip for proper service.

We always order from our local Marco's. Best chain pizza we've found. Usually got a coupon that offsets delivery charge, and the drivers know we tip well, so we're first on their run and the order's still hot. Everyone should start out in the service industry so they learn the importance of a proper tip for proper service.
And people in the service industry need to learn proper service for a proper tip. A tip is exactly that, a tip.. a gratuity for services rendered. Far too many people in the food industry believe that they are owed a tip regardless of the quality of the service. I have never stiffed a waiter or waitress but I definitely tip on a sliding scale depending on the service.

I don't have a clue if anything has changed but that was as late as Nov. of 2013.
I WORKED AT HONDA LOCK IN BEMEN A FEW YEARS AGO. THEIR POLICY WAS NO LUNCH,TWO 10 MIN BREAKS IN EIGHT HOURS IF YOU COULD GET A PERSON TO SIT IN FOR YOU. WORKED THERE A FEW WEEKS,HAD ENOUGH ONE NIGHT,STRIPPED DOWN TO SKEVIES ONE NIGHT ,LEFT UNIFORM BY THE TIME CLOCK AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.LOL

I almost always put it on the card, but when I don't, I make sure I have the correct amount plus tip so they don't have to fumble around making change. I don't want to be standing there any longer than I have to. 2-5 second exchange and done. With delivery people, you have to expect them to not be carrying cash.

And people in the service industry need to learn proper service for a proper tip. A tip is exactly that, a tip.. a gratuity for services rendered. Far too many people in the food industry believe that they are owed a tip regardless of the quality of the service. I have never stiffed a waiter or waitress but I definitely tip on a sliding scale depending on the service.
The reason is that their hourly rate is set upon the premise that they will be receiving tips for service. Just like ordering off of ebay, I look at shipping charges as part of the cost of the item, not something that is separate. I look at a menu, add 20-25% to each dish, and that's the price I'm ready to pay.

Not the same for a number of reasons.I can pay with my credit card at the restaurant, if I so choose.

Don't order delivery if you are not prepared.
He was prepared. He had 2 $20's to cover a $24 bill and was gonna tip the guy $6.....driver didnt have $10 on him. Sounds like the driver was unprepared to me. It's the drivers job to be able to make change...or did the world tip on its axis and thats not the way it is anymore??

When I was bouncing I overheard the checker/head waitress explain two things to the girls. 1.) ALWAYS carry a bank (change) and 2.) COUNT the customer's change back and lay it on the tray, thus making them pick it up. Even if they didn't leave a bill for a tip, most wouldn't want to look like a grade A douchebag by picking up quarters (LOL)!

Back
Top Bottom