• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazing!

I saw a special on Discovery Channel I think it was about lions. In that special it showed a lioness had got chased up on a fallen tree by about 6 hyenas. So the Lioness was calling out in distress and all of a sudden this massive male comes out of the brush line and just starts killing and flinging hyenas everywhere. It was the most awesome display of aggression and power I'd ever seen from a cat it was amazing as well. They say the male will kill hyenas on site for sport. I would not to be a hyena. They are a force to be reckoned with but the male lion doesn't care how many there are. They just run in and start king ass and taking heads. To heck with names.

I saw a special on Discovery Channel I think it was about lions. In that special it showed a lioness had got chased up on a fallen tree by about 6 hyenas. So the Lioness was calling out in distress and all of a sudden this massive male comes out of the brush line and just starts killing and flinging hyenas everywhere. It was the most awesome display of aggression and power I'd ever seen from a cat it was amazing as well. They say the male will kill hyenas on site for sport. I would not to be a hyena. They are a force to be reckoned with but the male lion doesn't care how many there are. They just run in and start king ass and taking heads. To heck with names.
One of the most impressive displays I ever saw from a male Lion was when a group of lionesses could not get a Warthog out of it's den. The male simply walked up to the back of the den entrance, which was slightly elevated, reached in with one claw and snagged this big hog, ripped him out of the hole in the ground effortlessly and tossed him the lionesses in one smooth move.

So your on the ground and one rheee guys appears out of tall grass 50 yards in front of you and he is coming at you. What gun do you wish you had on you to try and save your life?
I would think you need to stick your head between legs, and kiss your ass goodbye.

When a PH has to track a wounded one they switch to a 12ga and 00 buckshot. These cats hide well and in the thickest nastiest stuff around. They won't charge until you are right on top of them. PHs are using small tough dogs (think Jack Russell) to go into the thick and stir the cat up so they know where it's at. Those dogs are fearless, as are the PHs. One of their sayings is, "There are two kinds of Leopard hunters. Those that have been "scratched" and those that haven't been "scratched" yet."

Yes, when they say "scratched" they mean "mauled". This is why Leopards are one of the Big Five. The five most dangerous animals to hunt.
I read Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Great read. He writes about his time as a PH. His chapter on leopards and going in after a wounded one is intense! Definitely recommend.

I read Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Great read. He writes about his time as a PH. His chapter on leopards and going in after a wounded one is intense! Definitely recommend.
Reading his books are what made me determined to hunt Africa. It did not disappoint.

300 + lb cat with attitude

Back
Top Bottom