• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

amazon/atf sting?

The article sure jumps to a lot of conclusions.
Who said ATF was involved in any way, shape, or form?
That's just a guess, based on the Amazon listing (submitted by a third-party vendor called Military Base) staying up for at least 24 hours?
Talk about wild-ass speculation.

So, get back to me when we see actual arrests based on this Glock 18 conversion part. Show me the news stories about ATF doing raids on buyers' homes.

The article sure jumps to a lot of conclusions.
Who said ATF was involved in any way, shape, or form?
That's just a guess, based on the Amazon listing (submitted by a third-party vendor called Military Base) staying up for at least 24 hours?
Talk about wild-ass speculation.

So, get back to me when we see actual arrests based on this Glock 18 conversion part. Show me the news stories about ATF doing raids on buyers' homes.
Well, buy one and we'll find out. :boink:

Little hint, if a webpage has the words "TEA" anywhere in it, it's probably fake news click bait targeting boomers.

Yes, I'm sure these things were being sold on Amazon, same as wish, ebay, and a bunch of other places that sell Chinese knock off stuff. But trying to say Amazon is involved in some kind of sting operation with these is pure unadulterated FAKE NEWS. What's even funnier is the article spends a good amount of writing accusing others of fake news.

Sometimes the Chinese will make and sell a "toy" or "airsoft" gun that has parts that will work in a real firearm.
Several years ago, the Chinese shipped some "airsoft" AR-15 pellet guns over here, but the receivers (lowers) were metal, were copies of M16 / M4 receivers in every way except for one hole being drilled through them, and they were ready for any fool to buy and install an M16 internal parts kit into, and then mate that lower with a real AR-15 barreled upper.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/exclusive-toy-gun-sold-in-u-s-can-easily-be-converted-to-the-real-thing

It wasn't a "sting" and I don't think anybody was ever prosecuted over it. ATF just seized the offending guns / gun parts.

Sometimes the Chinese will make and sell a "toy" or "airsoft" gun that has parts that will work in a real firearm.
Several years ago, the Chinese shipped some "airsoft" AR-15 pellet guns over here, but the receivers (lowers) were metal, were copies of M16 / M4 receivers in every way except for one hole being drilled through them, and they were ready for any fool to buy and install an M16 internal parts kit into, and then mate that lower with a real AR-15 barreled upper.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/exclusive-toy-gun-sold-in-u-s-can-easily-be-converted-to-the-real-thing

It wasn't a "sting" and I don't think anybody was ever prosecuted over it. ATF just seized the offending guns / gun parts.

I remember seeing this on the news and thinking it was a bunch of crap until I saw the real ad. Imported AR lowers ( per ATF definition) without serial numbers is what got em caught up.

Back
Top Bottom