• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Amazon has locked us out

So, I can't post any ads unless I pay but the option is down for now?

Just to clarify for everyone we can still take credit cards right now but it has to go through our store and then I manually add it for you. You can see the current options here:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/classifiedsoptions/

We’ve just lost all our built-in options for now but should have something in place within a week I’m hoping.

Just accept the checks for annual membership.

The ODT does accept checks.
The problem is that there are a lot of millennia's that don't have a checking account, or people that think they are hiding on the ODT and don't want to be revealed.
Then we have the problem of coming up with the whole $10.00 at one time. The $1.00 a month doesn't affect their budget so bad. Kinda like the furniture you can "rent to own". lol

I have yet to get a conformation on the check I sent, but I can still post my ads, unless I get banned for bring rude to some Snowflake idiot or a Mod is losing a debate.

i respectfully disagree here. i myself am not against, and do pay, but that would add another barrier to entry for new people looking to see what the odt is about. As badly as it sucks, we have to just keep on chuggin. I don't think the ODT classified's are going to have a big effect on federal policy.
Subscription based forums are free....only members can request access. If the ODT sees as much snooping as the forum I moderate, the volume is high but their access to data can be mitigated.

This isn't about federal policy, it is about a private company refusing to process payment for services from a forum that has a pro 2nd Amendment theme.

I'm waiting on a real lawyer that understands the constitution to sue Amazon and Paypal's ass. Enjoyment of a constitutionally protected right is not something a company doing business with the public can discriminate against...

Amazon is a private company. Constitutional rights apply to the actions of the government.

You don't have First Amendment rights on this forum to say anything you choose.

So the civil rights act does not apply to private companies?

The civil rights acts are pieces of legislation, not Constitutional Amendments.

These particular laws apply to all people and companies. Congress created the laws, and congress could "uncreate" them should it choose. Congress cannot change the scope of Constitutional Amendments.

Without this legislation, the 14th Amendment would not apply to individuals or companies.

Back
Top Bottom