• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

America’s Cup, fantastic to watch......

Dingo

Wolf Icon
Navigating the space time continuum
7   0
Reaction score
I have been enjoying watching the pre Christmas races leading up the the America’s Cup next year. These foiling monohulls are brilliant to watch and achieve speeds of 50mph. It is on NBC, YouTube, Facebook and americascup.com even if you are not interested in sailing it is well worth the watch........

In case you have any interest Dingo...

My home for several years.

I copper sheathed her in Mexico, cheaper haul out fees...
Romany 4.jpg
Romany Copper.jpg
Romany2.jpg
ruddercopper.jpg
coppering23.jpg

In case you have any interest Dingo...

My home for several years.

I copper sheathed her in Mexico, cheaper haul out fees...
View attachment 2979525 View attachment 2979526 View attachment 2979527 View attachment 2979528 View attachment 2979530
Beautiful yacht, I love traditional wooden boats, the craftsmanship is superb but the maintenance is murder. My last yacht that I sold last year sadly, old age, health and the maintenance was getting harder and harder. Been sailing for over fifty years I miss it.....

C30DB5CE-6F51-440E-B1CB-3CBE2068F0F3.jpeg

Relaunch after the refit just before she was sold.

I was 19 when I learned to sail a Hobie Cat. My classmate and buddy lives in Venezuela and sails a 42' schooner, don't know the builder. I hope I stay healthy enough to sail down and visit him when retirement comes. :D

I was 19 when I learned to sail a Hobie Cat. My classmate and buddy lives in Venezuela and sails a 42' schooner, don't know the builder. I hope I stay healthy enough to sail down and visit him when retirement comes. :D

I was about the same age when I learned to sail a Hobie 16.

I was headed out to do some fishing on a very windy day with my old scout master when we came up on a former scout with a flipped Hobie.

Me and the other former scout jumped overboard to help him flip it back up and when it righted, it took off like screaming eagle.

I had to have one!

It's still sitting in my back yard almost 30 years later, but with rotted hulls. I can't get rid of it cause every time I look at it, good memories come back.

Anybody with a Hobie, don't store it with the drain plugs screwed in. It'll tear the fiberglass sides apart with the air inside expanding and contracting between a hot sun and cool nights... mine would still be a solid boat if I'd known that...

Back
Top Bottom