• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

American Heritage Gun Range review

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
I went to American heritage in McDonough today
would love to see a thread for reviews of ranges, stores, and so on...
that's said this is a mini review.

Great!!!!
yes they want a membership, but the base line is $50 and you get 2hrs of range time(40 bucks) and a sonic gun cleaning( 48 bucks) so its not that bad. also they have a range officer keeping eyes on people, nice place to set up, well lit, they clean up, handy cap accessible lane, hand wash-safety station just outside the firing lanes, and a nice group of people.

some have said GUN ON THE SQUARE run, run!!! I will say this- they seem to have changed a good deal. sometimes things go wrong in business and you must move on, I see them as kind of like a kid who stuck a finger in the wall outlet, they did it once, they wont do it again...

give them a little chance, check it out. the membership will also keep some of the fools out/off the range. they also have a 7 day free trial, just pay for the lane.

Last edited:
Thanks Poopdaddy
We now have Seniors Day on Mondays and Ladies Day on Thursday with 50% off range fees.
M&P memberships now available for all Active duty and retired Military,Law Enforcement,EMT,and Fire
$200.00 per year no Range Fees
Drop buy and check us out!!!!!

I visited american hertiage last week and looked around. It is a state of the art range. I also asked 2 different people about their connection to the on the square guys. I was told that on the square was bought out by a group of investors and that only one of the on the square guys was indirectly involved with the new place. I went ahead and bought the $50 membership and will give them the benefit of the doubt. The one thing i find good is that it is the only range on the south side that will allow you to shoot full auto, slide fire stocks or anything else you can dream up. These guys have spent a bloody fortune on the new place and if i find out that they are the same guys as the orgininal on the square guys, i will shred my membership card and mail it back to them. It will not take long for the cracks to appear with those old assbags. So far, i like the place and it seems like they really want to be there for the shooting community. Time will tell, but i think they are off to a great start.

Stop in, ask questions and judge for yourself.

Yes it is the same people. George Muzzant owned On Th Square. His dad is now one of the so called investors. George is still calling shots behind the gun counter. George is also still doing the changes circuit. Most of all firearms I saw where overpriced by 100 to 150 dollars the .22 ammo was stupid expensive. Army Navy, Autryes and Shots fired are cheaper on range fees. I also do not want some clown cleaning my gun thanks I can do it myself.

Last edited:
Yes it is the same people. George Muzzant owned On Th Square. His dad is now one of the so called investors. George is still calling shots behind the gun counter. George is also still doing the changes circuit. Most of all firearms I saw where overpriced by 100 to 150 dollars the .22 ammo was stupid expensive. Army Navy, Autryes and Shots fired are cheaper on range fees. I also do not want some clown cleaning my gun thanks I can do it myself.
you got it. Ask whose boat was parked under the shed beside the building all winter.

(american heritage gun range)

Last edited:
I visited american hertiage last week and looked around. It is a state of the art range. I also asked 2 different people about their connection to the on the square guys. I was told that on the square was bought out by a group of investors and that only one of the on the square guys was indirectly involved with the new place. I went ahead and bought the $50 membership and will give them the benefit of the doubt. The one thing i find good is that it is the only range on the south side that will allow you to shoot full auto, slide fire stocks or anything else you can dream up. These guys have spent a bloody fortune on the new place and if i find out that they are the same guys as the orgininal on the square guys, i will shred my membership card and mail it back to them. It will not take long for the cracks to appear with those old assbags. So far, i like the place and it seems like they really want to be there for the shooting community. Time will tell, but i think they are off to a great start.

Stop in, ask questions and judge for yourself.
they lied. You can shoot FA and slidefire at stock army/navy.

(american heritage gun range)

Last edited:
Thanks poopdaddy for the review. I hope you have a great experience with them. Unfortunately, there are many, many folks who got shafted by On the Square. But don't take my word for it, check the public records. A group that wanted to invest in a gun range and thought it was a good idea to keep the On the Square owners on board will have a hard time convincing some that anything has changed. The investors should have demanded a clean sweep, and demanded totally new ownership. If they had, you would not see the animosity toward On the Square, bleeding over to the new gun range. Financially, it probably was not the best decision for the investors.

Last edited:
Yep, I would say it belongs to George as I did see his black 3500 hooked to it. No sure but he may have lost his place at Jackson lake and needs a place to store his boat now.

Back
Top Bottom