• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

America's Top 10 Party Lakes

Renting a houseboat on Cumberland is a lot of fun. It's a lot bigger than Lanier and A LOT more in the sticks, so I don't get why it's ranked a better party lake than Lanier. If you want some to get away from the crowds and find secluded areas, and still want a chance at catching some big fish, I'll take Cumberland over Lanier hands down. Unless it's changed in recent years, I wouldn't consider it a party lake compared to Lanier. Not even close.

Growing up in East Ky I spent a lot of time on Lake Cumberland. I wouldn't call it a party lake either, but it is a great fishing destination. Hopefully the party kids didn't destroy it. Here is one of my grandfathers honorable mentions from the Louisville courier journal in 1957, back when newspapers had cool stories like who caught a big fish that week. Ok, I defer, back on topic :fish2:

jul-21-1957.jpg

Renting a houseboat on Cumberland is a lot of fun. It's a lot bigger than Lanier and A LOT more in the sticks, so I don't get why it's ranked a better party lake than Lanier. If you want some to get away from the crowds and find secluded areas, and still want a chance at catching some big fish, I'll take Cumberland over Lanier hands down. Unless it's changed in recent years, I wouldn't consider it a party lake compared to Lanier. Not even close.
I've never been to Lake Cumberland so can't really comment if it's a party Lake, but from all the videos on YouTube, they have a lot of nice boats out there! In the video below, it shows the green 42' Saddle Up boat. They were killed on Lake Lanier in their friends 38' Skater Boat a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom