• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo price gouging?? WTH...

Essential?? Really?

WTF do you need to buy ammo now if you consider it essential? Why do you not have enough ammo on hand to cover your needs?

Insulin is essential for some, food is essential for all, water is essential for all. Ammo is not essential for anyone, it is a want, not a need.

Man, this really went sideways.
Ammo has always been essential to me and I have always kept what I feel is plenty. Maybe never enough , but plenty.
My original post was because a buddy didn’t know better and paid to much and I felt like it was gouging. But, I’m learning here myself now. Its not gouging if people pay it.

Well I don’t reckon they forced him to buy it but taking advantage of people because they don’t know any better don’t make it ok in my book. He said the store was down to only having this in stock. All other 9mm was gone and since it was “Elite Match” he figured that was the reason it was so expensive. List price “plus 30%”, 80 cents a round for 9mm.
There's a reason it was still on the shelf...derp. Show him how to use ammoseek.com for next time... actually you should how him now if he's buying 9mm by the 50 count box in stores...

Privately owned gun stores are the worst for gouging on guns and ammo and the first to jack the prices when they "can't keep anything on the shelf..." malarkey.
Businesses are ultimately in business to make money, not friends. As in any market, even the grey market, uncertainty is what drives the price on both ends. Am i sensing an ammo entitlement attitude?

Essential?? Really?

WTF do you need to buy ammo now if you consider it essential? Why do you not have enough ammo on hand to cover your needs?

Insulin is essential for some, food is essential for all, water is essential for all. Ammo is not essential for anyone, it is a want, not a need.
as long as one lives in a metropolitan city, one cannot have enough ammo when food and water are cut off. What is essential is to get out of the city or even better, the USSA before it is too late (discretely and quietly)

giphy.gif

Businesses are ultimately in business to make money, not friends. As in any market, even the grey market, uncertainty is what drives the price on both ends. Am i sensing an ammo entitlement attitude?
Good cause they're not making any by putting a chokehold on things then claiming they have to jack prices because of demand lol. Do you really believe that those stock rooms are empty? Or they're just putting out what they want to sell that day. I think its the latter. If someone walks in and they don't have any "AR's" in, but theyre "gettin some next week maybe" that person is likely to buy something else then, AND come back next week.

And hell yea I got ammo entitlement, I need to go shooting more...

You're absolutely correct, its their stuff and they can charge what they want, but at least be honest about it.

Back
Top Bottom