• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo price gouging?? WTH...

We've all seen the spikes and drops in the gun industry that happen every few years.
Yea but this feels ominously different.

Dicks and Wally caving and not carrying black rifle ammo... Academy seems like they're getting out... "lists" are being made... Barr's goons are on the move...

In '08 and '12 only gun people really cared when it all went ghost, this is different for sure. I've never seen so many Chad's buying guns...

I always thought that the first step to confiscation would be the retail stores getting out. Next step is sites like these.

I've been keeping an eye on sites I usually buy from and ammo prices have climbed considerably. At these prices I've been laying off my recreational shooting for a bit.

Man, this really went sideways.
Ammo has always been essential to me and I have always kept what I feel is plenty. Maybe never enough , but plenty.
My original post was because a buddy didn’t know better and paid to much and I felt like it was gouging. But, I’m learning here myself now. Its not gouging if people pay it.

Its gouging imo too. I notice shops that do that crap and when stock comes back in they are not the stores I frequent. A reasonable uptick in price due to short supply is ok but gouging is different. People can yell free market all day long but free market works both ways and people will remember being taken advantage of and not do business with those they feel are dishonest opportunists.

Its gouging imo too. I notice shops that do that crap and when stock comes back in they are not the stores I frequent. A reasonable uptick in price do to short supply is ok but gouging is different. People can yell free market all day long but free market works both ways and people will remember being taken advantage of and not do business with those they feel are dishonest opportunists.
And what better time to practice free enterprise than noob hour...

Yea but this feels ominously different.

Dicks and Wally caving and not carrying black rifle ammo... Academy seems like they're getting out... "lists" are being made... Barr's goons are on the move...

In '08 and '12 only gun people really cared when it all went ghost, this is different for sure. I've never seen so many Chad's buying guns...

I always thought that the first step to confiscation would be the retail stores getting out. Next step is sites like these.

Lots of new gun owners is a good thing. We now have many more 2A supporters and it would be that much harder for the feds to try any bans/confiscation. Yeah it's going to suck in the short term for your range days but more gun owners means more demand which will ultimately ramp up production.

Besides, you own those scary looking guns just in case s*** goes sideways right? Well here we are. Just keep your mags loaded and try to relax until we see what comes next

It's going to get worse, if Trump loses, and civilian disturbance increases, don't be surprised to hear from family and friends if you have any SPARE ammo.
The only spare will be whats left in the mags after the last shot if fired, either by me, or by the aggressors,

Good cause they're not making any by putting a chokehold on things then claiming they have to jack prices because of demand lol. Do you really believe that those stock rooms are empty? Or they're just putting out what they want to sell that day. I think its the latter. If someone walks in and they don't have any "AR's" in, but theyre "gettin some next week maybe" that person is likely to buy something else then, AND come back next week.

And hell yea I got ammo entitlement, I need to go shooting more...

You're absolutely correct, its their stuff and they can charge what they want, but at least be honest about it.
You are as very wrong. I have friends still in the business, and I worked at a gun store for 4 years.
There is no magic, auto filling “stock room” The places I worked when these types of times came around (Sandy Hook, and Barrack Obama election) had every bullet on the shelf and were even selling personal “stock piles“ from home, in an attempt to keep their customers happy.
Listening to my friends talk last weekend they were ordering, at times, single boxes and paying the stupid high prices for shipping, in a day long internet search(s) to find ammo that was in stock.
So yes it’s hard to find ammo for customers, and yes it costs them more money and effort so the cost charged is higher.

AND in a retail establishment, if you don’t have what a customer needs when they come in the store, odd are they will not return. It is obvious that you have absolutely no retail business sense...

You are as very wrong. I have friends still in the business, and I worked at a gun store for 4 years.
There is no magic, auto filling “stock room” The places I worked when these types of times came around (Sandy Hook, and Barrack Obama election) had every bullet on the shelf and were even selling personal “stock piles“ from home, in an attempt to keep their customers happy.
Listening to my friends talk last weekend they were ordering, at times, single boxes and paying the stupid high prices for shipping, in a day long internet search(s) to find ammo that was in stock.
So yes it’s hard to find ammo for customers, and yes it costs them more money and effort so the cost charged is higher.

AND in a retail establishment, if you don’t have what a customer needs when they come in the store, odd are they will not return. It is obvious that you have absolutely no retail business sense...

Yep. I worked in several different gun stores when I was in college and we definitely didn't have a secret stockpile anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom