• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo price gouging?? WTH...

few people get it others are just foolish.
you can call it ammo price gouging,but thats not always the case. i have a good friend who owns a small gun shop. i have helped him find ammo FOR HIS CUSTOMERS WHO CANT GET IT.. he has driven to Atlanta to pick up ammo,wasting hours of his time,just to sell it for a dollar or so profit per box.
ammo and guns are on real short supply. when you cant get them and you buy from individuals, you pay more.
i have seen him pay more than wholesale for guns to put them i his shop,and then sell them at regular cost,not price gouging,just keeping a business going..
if you dont like the price,dont buy. if you can get it cheaper, step up and buy it. keep it in stock and sell it at cost.
let us know when you guys get some 9.i could use a few hundred more rounds..

You are as very wrong. I have friends still in the business, and I worked at a gun store for 4 years.
There is no magic, auto filling “stock room” The places I worked when these types of times came around (Sandy Hook, and Barrack Obama election) had every bullet on the shelf and were even selling personal “stock piles“ from home, in an attempt to keep their customers happy.
Listening to my friends talk last weekend they were ordering, at times, single boxes and paying the stupid high prices for shipping, in a day long internet search(s) to find ammo that was in stock.
So yes it’s hard to find ammo for customers, and yes it costs them more money and effort so the cost charged is higher.

AND in a retail establishment, if you don’t have what a customer needs when they come in the store, odd are they will not return. It is obvious that you have absolutely no retail business sense...

Very true. It's supply and demand on the retailer as well. I remember the 08-09 and 12-13 times when it was paying what you had to just to get inventory. We would buy at retail or more to have inventory, but retail plus some margin is indeed higher. However it was available and people still bought it because they needed ammo.

If you're prepared, crazy high ammo prices aren't a worry. It tends to be those caught unprepared complaining about ammo prices and availability. Don't tar and feather a shop if they're normally a good place to go and they're doing what they can because you don't understand small business challenges and how capitalism works. If they're always high on prices, well demand just caught up to their prices.

The good thing is if things kick off there will be plenty of ammo to scavenge when all those people who bought guns and ammo are taught they are worthless without the training to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom