• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AMP Annealer

built my own.
Gas or electric? Microwave Carousel? Please do share, I might consider making one for 300 HAM'R & 300BLK as converting them is time consuming, but free :) However, I'd like to make them last as long as I can. All other brass, at least for the calibers I currently load (most common ones), I have brass by the bucket full. But someday in the near future I was thinking of picking up a new exotic rifle cartridge for a real precision gun, leaning toward 300PRC Bolt gun or MLR 33 Nosler from Alex Pro.. mm so dreamy. Neither of those are cheap in the Brass department.

Gas or electric? Microwave Carousel? Please do share, I might consider making one for 300 HAM'R & 300BLK as converting them is time consuming, but free :) However, I'd like to make them last as long as I can. All other brass, at least for the calibers I currently load (most common ones), I have brass by the bucket full. But someday in the near future I was thinking of picking up a new exotic rifle cartridge for a real precision gun, leaning toward 300PRC Bolt gun or MLR 33 Nosler from Alex Pro.. mm so dreamy. Neither of those are cheap in the Brass department.
I made a gina erick annealer. cost about $450.

upload_2021-4-20_22-55-24.jpeg

top 2 pics are 300bo conversions.

I also use it for 308 match brass and 556 77gr match loads. I also convert 556 to 300 blackout and .221 fireball...for a 20 vartarg boltgun. .221 fireball is the middle step. it is also the cartridge 300 whisper is based off.

I guess I should have mentioned that I am most interested in the consistency it gives on neck tension and the longer brass life will be an added benefit for me. I've looked at most all of them including building one myself and haven't ruled that out. If I weren't an electrical retard I for sure would build one.

What about salt bath annealing any of you guys have any first hand experience? I've read quite a bit on it and have mixed opinions.

Back
Top Bottom