• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

The guy said he had no idea about anything AR. I used the car analogies to give him some perspective about what you get for your money in twenty five words or less. That's a pretty tall order to begin with. So I broke it down simply referring to something he might have a idea about. You guys get way to serious about this crap.

Older DPMS guns were really good guns as were Bushmasters. They started out a precise machine shop making parts for military contracts for M16 and 1911 parts. Then they started making MSR;s. They moved and shortly after sold it to Freedom group in 2007. Roughly the same time as when they bought out Bushmaster. Then they started cutting corners for the bottom line and that's when both the Bushmaster and DPMS started to take a nosedive in quality. At one point before 2007 they made the best lowers in the business. If you happen to have a pre-2007 DPMS or Pre-2005 Bushmaster hold on to them tightly. They are very good guns.

Id say an AR is an AR for the most part. You could probably go with the M&P or Ruger and an after market trigger and maybe grip and be golden if your just wanting one for plinking or home defense.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I pretty much have the same opinion here. I have one shelf gun and it's a early 2000 Bushmaster ( my first AR ) when they were still owned by Cerberus Group before the Freedom Group took over in late 2005. All my others are my builds which some how end up costing me 1,200 with all high end parts. If I settle on things like handguards and aesthetic parts I can get by with a grand. My barrels usually cost around 400-500 bucks.

Please for the love of God STOP TELLING PEOPLE THIS BULL CRAP! Freedom Group IS Cerebus Capital. Bushmaster sold to Cerebus Capital in 2005. In 2007 Cerebus Capital formed "Freedom Group" from several gun companies it had purchased. To date Bushmaster firearms is part of the freedom group which is owned by Cerebus Capital.

I think this makes it the 5th time I have corrected you on this and yet you keep repeating the same lie. Stop.

Back
Top Bottom