• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anatomy of a flinch, or why I dislike .40

Glockadopoulos

Default rank <3500 posts
Yeah, Mean Talk!
85   0
Reaction score

I remember why I just can't fall in love with the Forty. Second video is my trusty flock 17. I was fortunate in catching an unexpected failure to hold slide open on both mags. Shot the two videos back to back. I wasn't intending to analyze my recurring flinch, but it worked out well. I'd love to get to the point of being able to shoot 40 accurately also. Not sure how to condition myself to get used to it. Just thought I'd share my slightly embarrassing but telling experience between the two calibers.

In the first video when you squeeze the trigger at 35 seconds in looks like you jerking and dropping. 40 cals are only for a certain group of man.....jk. They do have more recoil but hey a 50 Cal has more than an ar. Each one will both kill.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Was just doing one handed to hold my phone and mess around with SlowMo video feature. I don't spend much time shooting one handed, but I believe the fundamentals are pretty much the same.
Yeah it's tough to hold the phone and shoot at the same time. I tried it a while back shooting my 91/30 Mosin. Maybe the flinch thing is all mental. Well hell, of course it is. Anyway they are mechanically the same pistol. So it seems like you could figure out the 40. Granted I have very little experience with 40. The only 40s I've shot were both Glocks.
Start shooting 45ACP or 10mm for a while. After that 40 will seem mild.

Back
Top Bottom