• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And so it begins

im curious of who exactly will go door to door asking citizens for said guns lol not a job id ever want especially in georgia
the same idiots that go door to door in georgia who came to my house and told me that a new coal plant in georgia was a horrible thing

i asked them if they got paid to go door to door to make sure other people didnt have jobs. i just wanted to know if this was a career or if they were volunteering their time to be douchebags

some yes but these days a lot of them are pro 2nd amendment and wouldn't vote for any additional restrictions, this is starting to be less of a left right issue and more of a geographical issue.

Back to the subject, where exactly does the left voting more like the right occur? I'm really very curious as I have not found that to be true at the state level here in Georgia or in general at the federal level.

My state rep has voted against every pro-gun issue and stuck with the rest of his (left) party. I e-mailed him several times never a reply.

So just where does this occur at? Where is the "a lot"? Who are these left politicians thinking more like the right?

Also what is the political platform of the left and their stance on gun rights?

Back to the subject, where exactly does the left voting more like the right occur? I'm really very curious as I have not found that to be true at the state level here in Georgia or in general at the federal level.

My state rep has voted against every pro-gun issue and stuck with the rest of his (left) party. I e-mailed him several times never a reply.

So just where does this occur at? Where is the "a lot"? Who are these left politicians thinking more like the right?

Also what is the political platform of the left and their stance on gun rights?
Im sorry but i don't feel inclined to do research to prove something for you, especially not since you so blatantly ignore my question to you and have not set forth any data supporting your own point.

im curious of who exactly will go door to door asking citizens for said guns lol not a job id ever want especially in georgia

If a ban passes the first step will be a voluntary turn in of prohibited weapons. That is unless existing weapons are grandfathered in and while you may possess them, they will need to be registered just like NFA items. If allowed the left with guidance from VPC/MAIG/Brady/Joyce foundation will try to insist that no transfer of these prohibited weapons is allowed. Thus within one generation these weapons will no longer exist in civilian homes.

A grace period will be established and perhaps extended a bit to allow citizens to turn in their prohibited arms. After that time if you are caught in possession of the prohibited firearm the punishment will mostly likely follow that of illegal possesion of an NFA item. I think it's like a risk of 10 years federal prison time.

All the records available at the federal and state level will be scrubbed and if your name pops up it will be cross referenced to see if that weapon has been turned in. If not a certified letter will be sent for your signature asking if you still possess said firearm. You could lie and say no. This would present a problem as legally a warrant would have to be obtained to search your house. If you live in Georgia I'd expect if you lied, don't ever get caught with the weapon or Bubba at the grey bar motel will awaken you with surprise sex the next morning.

However if you live in California you might expect a 6-7 man entry team to kick your door in and hopefully catch you sound asleep. Awaken and grab your pistol and expect to be planted. After a few publicized gun grabs and a dead hold out or two to set the example then many will reconsider their position over a piece of steel.

It's how I would do it, if so inclined and I don't like reinventing what has been successful in the past. The planning hard work has been done, it’s just a matter of execution when the time presents itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sorry but i don't feel inclined to do research to prove something for you, especially not since you so blatantly ignore my question to you and have not set forth any data supporting your own point.

I can fix that for you sir.

If not for me then perhaps yourself. I have done my homework. I'm thinking you have not.

Last edited:
I can fix that for you sir.
please do, Ill suffice with you answering my question on how past voting of some of our local politicians corresponds to the majority of dem's in the house and congress being anti 2nd when Mits voting history does not make him against it? and then Ill tell you exactly were i have my comment from, cause although I regurgitate it on occasion it isn't really mine but from a source I trust for political information.

If a ban passes the first step will be a voluntary turn in of prohibited weapons. That is unless existing weapons are grandfathered in and while you may possess them, they will need to be registered just like NFA items.

Unlike the UK or Austalia (I think), our weapons are only linked to a name via a 4473 form, which is like a reverse registration kind of thing. In the UK and Australia, I think their firearms were in a registration database already, which made it easy to know who owns guns. I once asked an Australian on another forum "Why did you turn your guns in?" He said they were already registered to his name in a database. So if you lied, they would know and you would be in trouble. In the United States, you CAN lie about your weapon ownership and the government wouldn't know. The UK, Australia, and I believe Canada the government can type in your name and see exactly what weapons you own, and that was years before their ban. Can't do that here unless you are in like California or some Leftist east-coast state.

If allowed the left with guidance from VPC/MAIG/Brady/Joyce foundation will try to insist that no transfer of these prohibited weapons is allowed. Thus within one generation these weapons will no longer exist in civilian homes.

Very possible with a ban.

A grace period will be established and perhaps extended a bit to allow citizens to turn in their prohibited arms. After that time if you are caught in possession of the prohibited firearm the punishment will mostly likely follow that of illegal possesion of an NFA item. I think it's like a risk of 10 years federal prison time.

Probably 75% of people would keep their prohibited firearm, but only practice with it out in the middle of nowhere in the forest or desert.

All the records available at the federal and state level will be scrubbed and if your name pops up it will be cross referenced to see if that weapon has been turned in. If not a certified letter will be sent for your signature asking if you still possess said firearm. You could lie and say no. This would present a problem as legally a warrant would have to be obtained to search your house. If you live in Georgia I'd expect if you lied, don't ever get caught with the weapon or Bubba at the grey bar motel will awaken you with surprise sex the next morning.

Backtracing every single 4473 form would be hard, but I wouldn't put it past them. I suspect they will get a lot of "No, I sold that years ago, and no I don't have paperwork."
It's how I would do it, if so inclined and I don't like reinventing what has been successful in the past. The planning hard work has been done, it’s just a matter of execution when the time presents itself.

please do, Ill suffice with you answering my question on how past voting of some of our local politicians corresponds to the majority of dem's in the house and congress being anti 2nd when Mits voting history does not make him against it? and then Ill tell you exactly were i have my comment from, cause although I regurgitate it on occasion it isn't really mine but from a source I trust for political information.

Yes sir, as requested. Realize this is but only one objective example and just here in Georgia and only for one volly of voting.

SB 350
Provides for returning stolen firearms to rightful owners and auctioning off those which cannot be returned instead of destroying them.

Sponsors
Senator Don Balfour (R)
Senator
George Hooks (D)
Senator
Freddie Powell Sims (D)
Senator
Bill Hamrick (R)
Ed Setzler (R)

Mar/29/2012 - House Vote #821 Yea(115 ) Nay(54) Not Voting (8) Excused(3)

Nays: Of the 54 nays all but one was Democrat
Yeas: Of the 115 yeas all were Republican except 8 Democrats and 1 independent

So I guess it’s how the numbers are presented. One could say there is a clear trend here or say the Democrats voted for pro-gun 8 times more…..or nearly half of the sponsors were Democrats. Exceptions will nearly always exist but I try not to allow it to sway my decisions or opinions.

This is but one Georgia bill but look critically at the trend and it seems fairly clear to me that Democrats voting to return stolen firearms to rightful owners and auctioning off those which cannot be returned instead of destroying them is not a high priority or concern for the vast majority of Democrats. I wonder where this vote would have gone if a 115 Democrats were making a decision on that day?

The question that begs to be asked, was this just an exception? Or is it more common place?

Source: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/vote.aspx?VoteID=9403

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom