• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anderson AR- deal?

diacnik

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
John 14:6
85   0
Reaction score
What do y'all think?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/barg...c-ready-centerfire-rifle/2392846.uts?slotId=0

Anderson Manufacturing AM-15 ORC Optic-Ready Semiautomatic Tactical Rifle
  • 16" Chromoly-vanadium M4 contour barrel
  • Proprietary 17-4 stainless steel match-grade trigger and hammer
  • Six-position adjustable buttstock
  • Detachable 10- or 30-round magazine
Anderson Manufacturing offers uncompromising quality and value in the AM-15, an optics-ready semiautomatic rifle designed, manufactured and assembled in Hebron, Kentucky. The 16" Chromoly-vanadium M4 contour barrel with flash hider delivers 1:8 rate-of-twist rifling. Anderson proprietary 17-4 stainless steel match-grade trigger and hammer ensures reliable operation. Rifle comes equipped with six-position adjustable buttstock, A2 handguard, standard-height Picatinny rail, high-rise gas block and detachable 10- or 30-round magazine. Receivers, charging handles and buffer tubes are forged from 7075 T6 aluminum for lightweight strength. Made in USA.

At a sale price of $399.88 this is an excellent deal !

Never thought AR's could be this low a few years ago.... never imagined they would be less than Glocks..

I feel bad for all the folks who purchased theirs at the top of the market.

Rob

That's a cheap price for sure but I just can't get past that weird-a**ed gas block. Its rail is on a different plane from the receiver and I'm pretty sure it's aluminum. Then again, I'm a fan of the traditional FSB. It's just "supposed" to be on an AR. YMMV

It may be that this is pick up only at a Cabela's store if I read it right. Not good if you live far away. Does not look like an option for local FFL pick up

Meh, just had a brand new one in the shop that the trigger wouldn't manually reset without giving it a little push. The disconnect or something was clearly out of spec. I didn't really investigate much because he brought a new trigger to install.

He brought it in because it was "jamming" on him and at first I figured it was probably the piece of **** aluminum gas block not properly aligned but then I discovered the extractor was just was out of spec. Looks like it just wasn't fully machined, the groove that grips your shell was about half as deep as a normal extractor (wish I took pics).

This isn't to say the gun isn't worth $400. Just know that if you buy it you're getting an AR that was assemble with the cheapest parts possible and just because it looks like a $800+ AR doesn't mean it's even close.

Back
Top Bottom