• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anderson lower, 30 bucks!

Trigger guards and bolt catches are the only things I dread about putting a lower together.

Those roll pins are a mother******
Yeah I didn't have to deal with it on my one and only build. My TNArms poly lower had a closed trigger area as well. But yeah that bolt release button install was kinda tricky. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with two more roll pins on those flimsy looking ears on an aluminum lower.

Yeah I didn't have to deal with it on my one and only build. My TNArms poly lower had a closed trigger area as well. But yeah that bolt release button install was kinda tricky. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with two more roll pins on those flimsy looking ears on an aluminum lower.

Eh it isn't so bad if you have a block. Besides a good set of punches, it is a great tool to have
Having the right tools makes everything 100x easier.
Every build I do is my "last build" so I've never invested in the right tools.

Then I end up doing another lower and have to use my channel locks with the teeth wrapped in electrical tape again and pray I don't break off the trigger guard ears.

Then I end up doing another lower and have to use my channel locks with the teeth wrapped in electrical tape again and pray I don't break off the trigger guard ears.
I'm not the biggest AR fan except for the older style 9mm and retro builds. The main reason I built the one I have now was to convert it to 9mm later on. I want to use the drop in magwell block and the Colt style mags. But from what I've seen you have to remove and reinstall the damn bolt release every time you want to change back and forth. Plus the dedicated 9mm lowers just keep getting cheaper. Since PSA started making them they completely dropped their old style magwell adapter. And recently they don't even show the dedicated 9mm lower setup for the Colt mags. Yeah Glock mags are ALL THAT and plentiful etc. But those rifles just look funny with the mag hanging out all crooked.
Sorry...Rant over.

you live on the edge LOL

I never ordered yesterday, finally sat down to watch the race and read on here SOLD OUT!!

Today the open trigger guards are $30! And they have the best price I can find on offset Magpul ar sights. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom