• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anderson lowers in gun buyer

Anderson lowers are solid, never found one out of spec, or seen one fail. Some people get attached to brand names... They are a FORD guy... they are an APPLE guy... They are a SIG guy, etc...

The lower needs to be in spec, and strong. That's it.
Gun snobs don't like them because they have a tendancy to be out of spec. Because people don't know the difference, doesn't make em better

Well I never have used them every person I asked in my local gun store told me to run away from them because they have that tendency. In my humble opinion its better buy one cry once. The same with their ar's. They are budget thry don't look bad but most of the people say they are junk. I've never owned one but I respect everyone's opinion. I'd rather to go with good and reputable brands and don't have problems in the future and I'm new in the gun world
Gun snobs don't like them because they have a tendancy to be out of spec. Because people don't know the difference, doesn't make em out of spec

Well I never have used them every person I asked in my local gun store told me to run away from them because they have that tendency. In my humble opinion its better buy one cry once. The same with their ar's. They are budget thry don't look bad but most of the people say they are junk. I've never owned one but I respect everyone's opinion. I'd rather to go with good and reputable brands and don't have problems in the future and I'm new in the gun world
Perzactly. Esspecially for just a stripped lower, spend a few bucks more and you have something much better with much higher QC. If an extra $50 to $100 is gonna make ya broke, probably shouldn't be putting together this new rifle to begin with. If you are gonna do it, do it right.

I don’t care how much someone spends on their guns. I will never denigrate someone for going “cheap”, as long as they aren’t also sacrificing quality and reliability. I’ve steered quite a few folks over the years into a less expensive option.

I’ve posted several issues with different Anderson’s that I have encountered just recently. This doesn’t take into account the issues I have encountered in the past.

Cracks me up that the ad says “mil spec”. Anderson lowers are NOT mil spec, I can point out more than one area where they deviate detrimentally from the mil spec TDP.

In the past 2 months alone I have built over 20 AR’s for customers, using Anderson uppers, lowers, kits, or some combination thereof. I have also fixed or corrected numerous factory-assembled Anderson’s, as well as homebuilt guns on Anderson receivers.

Perzactly. Esspecially for just a stripped lower, spend a few bucks more and you have something much better with much higher QC. If an extra $50 to $100 is gonna make ya broke, probably shouldn't be putting together this new rifle to begin with. If you are gonna do it, do it right.

This. ^

The Aero M4E1 “Enhanced” lowers run $99. They’re a much better option than Anderson. The standard Aero lowers are about $10 less.

I’ve posted several issues with different Anderson’s that I have encountered just recently. This doesn’t take into account the issue I have encountered in the past.

Cracks me up that the ad says “mil spec”. Anderson lowers are NOT mil spec, I can point out more than one area where they deviate detrimentally from the mil spec TDP.

In the past 2 months alone I have built over 20 AR’s for customers, using Anderson uppers, lowers, kits, or some combination thereof. I have also fixed or corrected numerous factory-assembled Anderson’s, as well as homebuilt guns on Anderson receivers.
Shhh. You'll punch a hole in the "just as good" lies people tell themselves

Personally I’ve had more issues building with Anderson and PSA Than any other brands .For example. Last week I built two rifles with one with Anderson lower and one with PSA . The Anderson had The rear Take down pin hole mis aligned And the PSA lower bolt catch channels were formed incorrectly not allowing the bolt catch to be installed. Its a roll of dice when you buy one, it might be good or you might get a huge headache.

The only lower I have ever had that was out of spec, was I bought two magnesium alloy lowers from the LGS made by Mag Tactical... I built one into a rifle and it was perfect. I didn't need the other one so I sold it here on ODT. The buyer couldn't assemble it because something was drilled out of spec, so I refunded him his money.

The Andersons and PSA's that I have used, never had an issue with. Then again, we are talking a dozen or so lowers, and not the quantity that CMShoot deals with, so maybe my sample size is just too small...

I can only attest to what I have used or personally seen, and so far, they all work.

The stripped Anderson's I've used and seen that my friends have built all went together and function fine. However, as others have mentioned, my sample size is small, and I've never worked with anything other than a stripped lower that I built, so I have no reference for their assembled lowers or uppers.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, so I would use a stripped Anderson lower again. Perhaps there are glaring problems with them and I don't know any better (Dunning-Kruger affects us all), but my experience has led me to believe I can build a functional rifle or pistol from an Anderson stripped lower.

Back
Top Bottom