• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anderson stripped lowers $29.. 3 days only.. Primary Arms..

They are also open noon-5 on Sunday, call first and make sure they have what you want. BTW, Aero lowers are normally $49.99 also.
They sell the M4E1 Enhanced lower at TruPrep for $99, maybe slightly less if on sale. I called and told them the price @ primary arms and asked if they wanted to match and they said they couldn't come anywhere close to $59.99 or matching w/ cost of shipping.

Because it would be illegal.

See I was unsure of that and it still may actually be the case. That's one reason I called PSA before driving over there.
With lowers being listed as either a pistol or a rifle it was my understanding that back several years ago you could buy lowers out of state, but they had to be listed as a rifle on the 4473 and a rifle buffer tube had to be staked in place. Never a pistol it could legally be. That's what I was told by PSA at the time anyway. This was the store in Columbia in a face to face conversation.

NOTE: ATTENTION! WARNING! I am in no way saying this is legal now or not! You are probably 100% correct. That's why I called before I went. IF YOU ARE GOING TO PSA OR ANYWHERE OUT OF STATE DO NOT BUY OR ATTEMPT TO BUY A STRIPPED LOWER ON MY COMMENTS ABOVE! It may be illegal and probably is.

See I was unsure of that and it still may actually be the case. That's one reason I called PSA before driving over there.
With lowers being listed as either a pistol or a rifle it was my understanding that back several years ago you could buy lowers out of state, but they had to be listed as a rifle on the 4473 and a rifle buffer tube had to be staked in place. Never a pistol it could legally be. That's what I was told by PSA at the time anyway. This was the store in Columbia in a face to face conversation.

NOTE: ATTENTION! WARNING! I am in no way saying this is legal now or not! You are probably 100% correct. That's why I called before I went. IF YOU ARE GOING TO PSA OR ANYWHERE OUT OF STATE DO NOT BUY OR ATTEMPT TO BUY A STRIPPED LOWER ON MY COMMENTS ABOVE! It may be illegal and probably is.

Yeah, 10 years ago they changed the 4473 and added “other” which is legally what lowers are since they don’t fit the definition of rifle or pistol.

Since “other” is not a long gun it cannot be transferred to a non resident.

I got into one hell of an argument with an FFL in Ohio I was trying to buy a complete LMT lower from because he wouldn’t transfer it to me as a rifle about a week after they changed the 4473.

Yeah, 10 years ago they changed the 4473 and added “other” which is legally what lowers are since they don’t fit the definition of rifle or pistol.

Since “other” is not a long gun it cannot be transferred to a non resident.

Your explanation makes perfect sense, even if the law doesn't. :confused: Your clarification is appreciated.

Yea this was probably 10 or more years ago. So I'm sure things may have changed. Again, that's why I called them earlier to ask. I would have hated to drove over there to get one and not been able to legally. Although, that's still a better option that ACTUALLY being able to get one and then going to jail. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom