• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Andrew Clyde to override brace ban...

Just sent this letter to his office.

Dear Congressman Clyde,

Thank you for your undying devotion and dedication to protecting the 2nd Amendment Rights of all Americans. I am thrilled to learn of the SHORT Act you will be introducing to review and stop the ATF from turning millions of honest, law abiding citizens into felons.

The ATF has far exceeded its scope and authority and Congress must rein in these bureaucratic authoritarians who seek to usurp the powers granted to Congress and force un-Constitutional laws and regulations upon American citizens. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you and your colleagues in this or other processes.

FROM THE ARTICLE:
Act of 1996, the Congressional Review Act creates a streamlined procedure by which Congress can disapprove and thereby nullify regulations promulgated by various federal government agencies. The Congressional Review Act quires that all rules be reported to Congress. Upon receiving that report, Congress then has 60 legislative working days (which is generally a much longer period than 60 calendar days) to introduce a special joint resolution of disapproval of the rule.

That resolution can be discharged from committee and can avoid the Senate’s filibuster, thereby empowering Congress to contend with the administrative state’s vast rulemaking powers on something closer to an equal footing

"... to repeal elements of the NFA..."
How about repeal the entire unconstitutional thing?! That'd be great...
Got a reply from Warnok (or staff) this morning. Further correspondence and communication is on the table. Don't care to hear from naysayer political lawyer Gods on ODT but definitely was a step forward. If anyone cares, I'll email those on here that have email (even of its Hotmail 😄) a draft they can sign and send. I have 3 different versions. Just changed up the wording.

I’ve known Andrew for about 35 years and he is a man of his word and will represent the people and family gut for their rights!
Agreed. Clyde is the real deal so lets support him. He is NOT just grandstanding for the plebs.....What the outcome will be given Rino's and Demoncrats is yet to be determined. At least we have some honest politicians like Clyde and Gaetz trying.

Back
Top Bottom