• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Andrew Clyde to override brace ban...

"Next week, I will reintroduce the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today Act, or the SHORT Act, to repeal elements of the National Firearms Act"

AKA I will virtue signal to right wingers by submitting a bill that has 0% chance of ever actually being passed into law as the GOP doesn't hold both chambers of congress or the presidency. I'd be surprised if it ever even leaves committee and makes it the floor for a vote.

"I will introduce a resolution of disapproval under the Congressional Review Act"

CRA resolutions of disapproval, like other laws, must be passed by both houses of Congress and signed by the President.

You guys really fall for this dumb **** huh? Did you guys not take civics class in K-12 or something?

I wonder if the same people saying they won't comply would have acted the same way when full-autos were banned in 86'.
Hey but he came up with a snappy acronym...so there's that...

Remember when bump stocks got banned by an ATF rule change March 6th 2019 and the courts finally ruled it unconstitutional Jan, 6 of 2023?

But muh Injunction, but muh Stay

Hope anyone who plans on not complying doesn't get caught or have to use the weapon in self defense during the 4 year bueracractic period.

Remember when bump stocks got banned by an ATF rule change March 6th 2019 and the courts finally ruled it unconstitutional Jan, 6 of 2023?

But muh Injunction, but muh Stay

Hope anyone who plans on not complying doesn't get caught or have to use the weapon in self defense during the 4 year bueracractic period.
Actually on 06 January the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the BATF did not have authority under law to ban bump stocks. I'm no attorney, but unless the Supreme Court hears the case I think that means bump stocks are legal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-strikes-down-trump-era-bump-stock-ban

I don't know about y'all, but I can hardly wait until those patriotic, constitution upholding, pure American ATF agents require a 4473 to shop at Home Depot.

Finally the world will be a safer place now that all hardware is serialized, registered and require you to ask for permission to build whatever it is they don't trust you to have (unless you pay them of course).

Actually on 06 January the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the BATF did not have authority under law to ban bump stocks. I'm no attorney, but unless the Supreme Court hears the case I think that means bump stocks are legal.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-strikes-down-trump-era-bump-stock-ban

Yes bump stocks are legal again after being illegal for 4 years due to an ATF rule change. It took the courts 4 years to make them de-facto legal again, like it probably will for pistol braces as well. 4 years.

Also ruling "did not have authority" = ruled unconstitutional, as the constitution states congress is where legislation must originate and pass, and since this did not, it was deemed unconstitutional and struck down by the 5th circuit court of appeals.

Yes bump stocks are legal again after being illegal for 4 years due to an ATF rule change. It took the courts 4 years to make them de-facto legal again, like it probably will for pistol braces as well. 4 years.

Also ruling "did not have authority" = ruled unconstitutional, as the constitution states congress is where legislation must originate and pass, and since this did not, it was deemed unconstitutional and struck down by the 5th circuit court of appeals.
my apologies - I misread your original posting. I thought you were saying that bump stocks had been declared unconstitutional.

i do agree that the brace lawsuits could also take years.

Back
Top Bottom