• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Animal Shelters Full

People can't afford to take care of their pets? Must really be getting bad out there.
Unfortunately, this is very true even though some may think you are just joking.

giphy.gif

People can't afford to take care of their pets? Must really be getting bad out there.

From what the foster program agent told us yesterday from GC was that people got pets during the Covid shut down and can’t keep them when they go back in office from working at home. Seems to line up with what’s happening.

I hate to hear this. Do these shelters no longer euthanize? Im out of the loop and dont mean to come across insensitive just ignorant I know our local shelter euthanized after so many days. That has been 20+ years and they may not be the common practice.

From what the foster program agent told us yesterday from GC was that people got pets during the Covid shut down and can’t keep them when they go back in office from working at home. Seems to line up with what’s happening.

Makes sense. This was the case for the folks we just got our dog from.

I hate to hear this. Do these shelters no longer euthanize? Im out of the loop and dont mean to come across insensitive just ignorant I know our local shelter euthanized after so many days. That has been 20+ years and they may not be the common practice.
Gwinnett is a no kill shelter unless the animal is aggressive or has attacked someone/something.

Barrow is a kill shelter.

Back
Top Bottom