• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Animal Shelters Full

People can't afford to take care of their pets? Must really be getting bad out there.
I think it happens every summer them Christmas puppies done got big,and they don’t want them.a lot of people are just to irresponsible for conducting common sense.

Such a pain to deal with the rescue groups, I finally gave up and went to a breeder
Exactly, we have had three awesome dogs and only had a fenced in yard for one of them then moved to a home without a fence.

Most agencies required a fenced in yard. I'm a better pet parent than many people who just let their dog out into their yard.

One agency said it protected form birds of prey????????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-homes-why-is-it-sometimes-hard-to-adopt-one/

https://www.thatmutt.com/my-dog-adoption-application-got-rejected-then-approved/

There are TONS more articles about this nonsense.

Such a pain to deal with the rescue groups, I finally gave up and went to a breeder
I've never used a "rescue group". Thousands of dogs getting euthanized everyday and people breeding dogs for money makes zero sense to me. And all of our dogs except one were specific breeds. 3 boxers, 2 beagles, 1 mutt. Adopted from, the vet (boxer), animal control (mutt) and individuals (boxers and beagles). Only nominal fee paid was to animal control.

The radio reiterated the need again last night. They clarified as well, stating it was adult dogs and kittens that needed homes. That leads me to believe folks are dumping off their dogs and the cats are just popping out kittens with reckless abandon.

We recently took in 2 kittens. One was from a shelter and the other was from the side of the highway in Knoxville. Both went on to homes. The shelter was being babysat while the highway cat was homeless. My daughter found a home for the highway cat.

We had no need to go to a shelter. Our newest cat came to us. A young cat, can't be even a year old yet. She had been hanging around the house for a couple of weeks. She finally came up to me. She was way too skinny, this combined with the current heat wave, I felt I had no choice. She has made herself right at home.

Back
Top Bottom