• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ankle Holster Comments Requested

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
Several ex-military with ccw licenses who are members of my church have been requested by church officials to consider quietly start carrying concealed during Sunday services. If I wore a jacket I would carry belt or paddle and my SIG P220ST. However, I wear long sleeve dress shirt and dress slacks so am thinking ankle holster and my Glock G30SF. My first question is if the G30SF is too large/heavy for a good quality ankle holster. If the answer is it is not too large, then my second question becomes what manufacturer/model holster do you experienced guys recommend. If the G30SF is too large/heavy, what is a more reasonable choice. Thanks.

I think something along the size of a glock 42 or 43 would be suited better for ankle holster carry. I've never tried to carry anything as large as a glock 30 in an ankle holster but I don't imagine it being very comfortable

I think something along the size of a glock 42 or 43 would be suited better for ankle holster carry. I've never tried to carry anything as large as a glock 30 in an ankle holster but I don't imagine it being very comfortable
After I posted I thought about the G43. The last time I wore an ankle holster was in the 70's when I carried a J-frame S&W snub. It was light and inconspicuous enough, but the holster was not very high quality and would slowly slide down my ankle. Thanks for the reply.

Alessi or Galco ankle glove are both good for ankle carrry. In my opinion these are the only two choices for this carry type.

S&W J frame (the lighter the better), Kahr PM9 or G43/42, up to a Glock 26 is doable. The G26 is right on line of being too much when you try to run. As a back up gun, the J frame is preference, then Kahr, if this was your primary for a specific purpose (church) i’d do the G26 and carry a 19 or 17 mag in a pocket.

A 30SF is about the same size as a G19, so unless you are a giant this would probably be too much for ankle carry. Also realize some pants are too narrow to fit over it comfortably.

I had a Galco for PM9 which was great, but then put a crimson trace laser on it and had an Alessi made for the PM9 with the laser.

I’ll shoot you some pics in a few minutes.

Thanks, mikko and rtross, for the recent comments on the Galco ankle glove. I will research it. Appreciate it.

Allsmiles, I might have to get some more relaxed fit pants to carry in the pocket. My current ones are getting too tight and I would print even with a DeSantis holster. Thanks.

I carried a Colt Pocket Lite in a Galco for many years. I chose to wear it with the butt of the gun facing forward on the inside of my right leg.

Check out the BUGBite holster. I’d stick to A small revolver like the LCR. Or a single stack 9mm, like a Shield/PM9/XDs etc. The later gives you a couple of more rounds and would be easy to throw another magazine in your pocket.

I carried a Colt Pocket Lite in a Galco for many years. I chose to wear it with the butt of the gun facing forward on the inside of my right leg.
Are you left handed or just reversing the position of the holster ? I am ambidextrous, but favoring right hand, and was thinking inside the left leg. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom