• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Annealing

96   0
Reaction score
I am to the point in my reloading that i want to eliminate all variables that i can eliminate. I have annealed by hand and i dont like it. I am looking at:

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/induction-brass-annealer-redux.3908353/

Anyone make one of these induction units? My dad and I are pretty electrically inclined and are considering using this build for an induction annealing machine. Any advise from you good folk would be appreciated.

FYI, I'm not interested in building an open flame unit...

Giraud uses the annie. This is basically an annie build...but for the cost of a base annie. Even if i go with the annie...im going to have to make an enclosure and buy the watercooler they make. Then timer it and drop gate it. Annie is the back up plan. There are plans on line to use the annie in the same build i posted, just a few hunnert more.

I do not anneal.....too lazy.....rather buy new brass. I get five or more shots out of each case-7mm-08, 243, 30.06, 30-30, but: I do not push them too hard, and usually throw them away for fear of case head rupture, rather than neck issues.

I am curious what annealing would do for accuracy. I thought it was simply to prevent neck splitting.

Comments from those who know, with experience?

Back
Top Bottom