• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another craigslist deal gone south

Not for nothing but anyone that says they have to meet me at midnight ain't meeting ME. I think people get dumb and start seeing dollar $igns and lose all common sense. Glad this had a happy ending but it could have easily went the other way.
Got a colt 6920 for sale for $250, meet in the next 20 minutes only!:D call 8 six 7 five three 0 nine

Last edited:
Several years ago I listed an antique slot machine on Craigslist. Within an hour I received an email from someone claiming to be from Ohio that said they had sent me a money order via FedEx. I ignored the email and was surprised the next afternoon when 3 men arrived in a truck to pick up the machine. When I told them I hadn't received any money order they grumbled a little bit and then left. I had listed my shop address in the advertisement. The truck had a Fulton County tag. I didn't feel threatened, but was glad I had several customers when they came up.

Article says it wasn't craigslist. And the dude who got killed was implicated in several, similar CL type robberies. Sounds like the sellers were prepared and justice was done. Saved the taxpayers the bother of a trial.

Back
Top Bottom