• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another FED EX bitch...

I almost never have a package delivered on time when its routed through Savannah FedEx. I willingly pay whatever difference there is when getting stuff shipped if not using fedex is an option. 75% of the time my packages get put on the truck for delivery and the have an "unsuspected exception" followed by "delivery not attempted". As of right now I have a chewy package that has been sitting in their distribution center for 10 days with a "unknown delivery delay". If its powder or primers from Midsouth, I just have to go up there to get it. They wont even put it on a truck. They have actually left a package sitting next to my mailbox before, all smashed up and on a day where it was raining. Two years at my current house and its been like this the whole time.
To be fair, I have had issues w/ all of them:

UPS: Will not come down my driveway and will not walk across my front yard w/ anything heavy, so I get messages about truck issues. Packages delivered to carport---I don't have a carport (misdelivered).
USPS: Where do I even begin? Misdelivered mail NUMEROUS times. One of which the girlfriend (who works for local USPS) notified them w/in 5 minutes it was misdelivered and they refused to go back and get. 100s of showing as being delivered and it has been handed to her at work or show up days later.
AMAZON: No telling where they will throw it. I have found packages in the ditch up at the road. Behind my truck. On my tailgate.

IIRC: FedEx ground is a franchise / bidding concession where the low bidder gets to run the local show. The trucks have different color schemes for the "Ex" based on which branch of FedEx they are: https://www.joshklemons.com/blog/the-fedex-logos-colorful-complications .

I've posted it (several times) before, but the Gainesville FedEx is the worse for us in NE Ga. Athens' group is better.

My son was waiting for a laptop (computer, not dance). We kept waiting and checking the FedEx website. No show. Then the website said that the driver "attempted delivery, no one at address". Well, the whole family was waiting in the dining room when the supposed attempt was made (and for over an hour prior).

Called G'ville, they said we could pick it up if we got there in time. It's an hour trip from our house to the FedEx hub.

My son and I drove down, got the laptop, and I casually asked the manager when the driver logged back in when he returned.

The driver's log in time was only like 30-45 minutes or so from when they claimed they'd attempted to make the delivery.

I pointed out to the manager that, barring driving at 100mph, it was impossible to get from my house to the FedEx hub in that amount of time. The manager looked at me and I said flat out "Your driver is a lier." No response, not even an apology.

...and we still get crappy FedEx service from G'ville. Yep, I've had a package dropped in a ditch beside my driveway also.

I have any Amazon packages delivered to a drop store in my town in case I'm not home. Living in the country it causes less stress worrying about it until I get back home. Then they send me a bar code email that i show to pickup, easy peasey.

Back
Top Bottom