• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another reloading kit thread

I thought I was the only guy that had multiple Pro Auto Disk left setup on different calibers. I have 4 hand priming tools that I leave setup too. When I started buying mine the Pro Auto's were only 20 some odd dollars or maybe even less. For what they cost, even at 30 some odd now, it's nice to drop em' in fill em' and load. I like your storage rack, very good idea.

It's an old pencil box. Need to make another. Have too many turrets!

Thats what i was talking about rbstern, having a turret dedicated to a specific caliber so you can switch out easily. I guess you have to headspace the die to the press each time you remove it in order to get the OAL correct, is that true? if so i can see how a turret press would be way more convenient than a single stage.

So for a rifle caliber, say .308, with a 4 hole turret I would use one hole for the sizing die, one hole for the priming, one for the powder, and one for the bullet press? I think I need to get a manual soon and start reading.

Most FL rifles die sets use only two. One full length sizing die, and the seating die. You may add neck sizing die, or a factory crimp die, or both. If you choose to prime on the press, it's done on the down stroke. It doesn't require a space in the turret. I use a Lee hand priming tool for priming. I try other methods, but I keep coming back to the Lee hand priming tool.

Why buy a used anything when you can get a brand new Lee kit for less than used in most cases?
I got started loading the exact same way the OP is doing, asking questions of people who know.
Got the Lee turret press kit due to the number of recommendations and could not be happier.
Lee has stood behind the press and all of its parts including the square ratchet that indexes the turret. I messed up the 2 that came with the kit and Lee sent me 2 more at no charge. The postage was more than the part! LEE is the way to go. Great customer service and excellent quality for the price.

Back
Top Bottom