• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Ruger Mark IV Problem - Update

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I am borrowing this post from someone else on another forum. But it applies to my new MK IV Hunter.

The parade of Ruger Mark IV pistols heading back and forth from Ruger hasn't even died down and we find another "issue" with the newly introduced Ruger Mark IV. Oh Lord! What could that be?

The firing pins are breaking on a more than regular basis, and in many instances, the free moving firing pin tip is then, imprinting chamber mouth dings in the breech face. Seems some engineer had a "brain fart" that involved putting a #30 diameter lightening hole too close to where the radius where the firing pin stop pin and firing pin collide.

WWSiNWNl.jpg

I just looked and noticed that the face of my barrel just above the forcing cone is severely damaged from the broken firing pin.

WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT THIS GUN HAS BEEN - SENT OFF FOR SAFETY RECALL NOW THIS!!!

My mistake thinking that I would be able to shoot this thing, and I would spend more time with it than Ruger's service department. Oh yea, they scratched my grip panel during the safety recall.

Probably been dropped on it's back at a 30* angle.

Ruger should consult with Sig how to build them right.

P.S. Joking of course, I own many Sigs and a new MKIV 22/45 lite.

do the 22/45 lite models have any issues like these ? i was thinking about getting one but surely dont want to have issues with em.

do the 22/45 lite models have any issues like these ? i was thinking about getting one but surely dont want to have issues with em.

Pretty much all the first batch of the new MKIV models are subject to the safety recall. Can't say what the deal with the FP may be, first time I've seen any mention of it.

Saw these at the NRA show.I was really impressed by the new break down procedure but IMHO the integrally suppressed 10/22 was the bee's knees.Sorry you're having issues but I bet Ruger will make it right.

Back
Top Bottom