• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Scam ALERT

Markjenkins39

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
So yesterday I posted a wanted ad for a Remington 770 bolt assembly for a 308.(for elderly friend) I received a response from a person with ODT name of clark434. "I have you part for $110.00 shipped"!

My reply: What's you location? Reply, Atlanta!
So I think great, I work in Atlanta so my reply was," I feel better meeting face to face"!

My concerns were based on he just joined ODT same day so obvious no feedbacks etc. and wanted to ship the part.

He has since deleted his account due to the message thread being gone.

So if anyone runs into clark434, use caution!!

Capture+_2020-12-11-07-33-32-1.png

So yesterday I posted a wanted ad for a Remington 770 bolt assembly for a 308.(for elderly friend) I received a response from a person with ODT name of clark434. "I have you part for $110.00 shipped"!

So I think great, I work in Atlanta so my reply was," I feel better meeting face to face"!

My concerns were based on he just joined ODT same day so obvious no feedbacks etc. and wanted to ship the part.

Glad you did not fall for his scam. Thanks

That was a scam, he didn’t delete his account.
It was deleted by staff.

I had a guy PM me to reach out to a friend of his out of state concerning my looking for a Prostaff scope. He was brand new and seemed to have a username that I'd heard before that was connected to a scam, or the wording of his reply just seemed sketchy. I gave a simple "no thanks", and as I went back just now to read it again found that it has disappeared. Guess my instinct was correct.......... This happened within the last 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom