• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Another) suppressor advice thread

pipewrench

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
Ice cream assassin
145   0
Reaction score
Ive decided to get serious about pulling the trigger on my first centerfire can. With an overwhelming (and sometimes outdated) amount of information online I decided it'd be best to get some current opinions.

I purchased a rimfire can about 5 years ago and that's the extent of my experience.

I know that there are compromises you have to make with anything. With that being said, the qualities Im most concerned with are (in order):

Accuracy
Noise reduction
Life span

I'm not too concerned with length and weight. Of course I want the best of both worlds though so I don't see a huge size increase for minimal noise reduction appealing.

My main application would mostly be practicing with 6.5 creedmoor. Main rig is a RPR. Accuracy is probably my first priority due to the never ending pursuit of different handloads.

I'm currently contemplating making a 16" barrel 6.5CM so I'll be sure to check with the suppressor manufacturer to insure that's acceptable.

Other hosts it may see plinking action on are the usual suspects of 223, 300BLK, etc.

I've read good things about the sandman here on ODT.
Any other options I should research for my intended purposes?

Silencerco Saker ASR up to .300 RUM and replace the front plate with a 5.56 one and you are gtg. Very tough can with no barrel min length for .300 blk out. Esilencer has them for $690 shipped.

I'll do some reading on that thanks.

I should have mentioned, my only experience is with direct threads and for some reason that appeals to me. I need to research quick connections more I guess.

Reactions: CSA
I bought a rugged surge but it's still in jail so I don't have any experience with it yet. It does have QD mounts.
I have the rugged obsidian 45 and love it.

It can also direct thread as well. You just replace the rear of it and screw it on instead. Here’s a video of mine full power .308.

Target from that mag:

75F23C7F-F0AA-4BBB-9597-5A1D10375A1F.jpeg

Sounded like a hammer competition in the background at first!
That's nice. What range was the target?

It was only 25 yds and the target is 1/4” squares. I have to use it on that range because I’m still waiting on the ATF. I’m going to for real sight it in on the 100 yd target when it gets out of jail.

Back
Top Bottom