• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

answer me this question! why the heck are you all so concerned about round count.

so now you got me thinking about how much i shoot my bolt guns.... hrmm.. maybe i should lay off shooting it so much....

I know, I love that BAR at the range shooting 600 meters, but I couldn't afford to have a new barrel put on it. Now it's just the hunting rifle, which is what it was built for and what I bought it for.

So I take the AR it was built for just such a purpose. I ran a rifle requal range in the Corps for a year and a half I've seen barrels on A1's that were shot out. We would send the shooter back to the armory for another rifle. I don't want to shoot that barrel out either, I understand I should be able to get 8,000 out of it by people in the know. It's an Armalite national match model and a barrel for that will cost me dearly too, but I still have years and years.

so now you got me thinking about how much i shoot my bolt guns.... hrmm.. maybe i should lay off shooting it so much....

Like I said it comes down to caliber. For instance 243 Ackleys are barrel burners and if you're shooting long distance you will see your group spread out versus say a 6.5 creedmoor caliber

One thing that helps is not sending a bunch of rounds down and making the barrel hot. That would be a sad thing not to shoot too much..That's what guns are for enjoyment!! Might as well get your moneys worth right???

Like I said it comes down to caliber. For instance 243 Ackleys are barrel burners and if you're shooting long distance you will see your group spread out versus say a 6.5 creedmoor caliber

One thing that helps is not sending a bunch of rounds down and making the barrel hot. That would be a sad thing not to shoot too much..That's what guns are for enjoyment!! Might as well get your moneys worth right???
Yep, I had a Sako/Lazzeroni .308 Warbird that came with a notation in the box that said to expect a maximum barrel life of 400 rounds. What a screamer though.

well.. its a .308 that i shoot 762 nato rounds outta. i just like the way it goes bang. i try not to shoot more than 30 a session (emphasis on try not to) but i just cant help with the big bang ;)

There it is 36 fat friends gets it. Again the average shooter puts less than 500 round thru a gun in a life time. If I had a bench gun I would list the round count it would be important but listing that my 10/22 has a low round count is STUPID!

With very few exceptions most guns listed on the site aren't that special or hard to find, and they are generally priced within 5-10% of each other. If I'm shopping something simple like a used Glock 19, all of them are going to be priced at $475-500 with a few exceptions above and below. If I have the choice between an unfired gun or one with 1000 rounds through it I'll probably choose the new one unless I'm saving substantial money.

Then again if I'm payinh $350 for the same gun I'll probably only check to see if there's a Glock 19 in the box and nothing else. Glock will fix anything for free so who cares?

Then again if it's a Kahr with less than 200 rounds fired - and it's cheap - I know that the person I'm buying from didn't fire it enough to break it in and I'm getting a deal because they think there's something wrong with it.

So it matters, unless your the sort of guy who takes his brain out while buying or trading. It isn't just whether gun is worn out or not.

well.. its a .308 that i shoot 762 nato rounds outta. i just like the way it goes bang. i try not to shoot more than 30 a session (emphasis on try not to) but i just cant help with the big bang ;)

You'll be fine with 308 especially shooting 30 rounds...Yes have to love the bang on a 308. Even better when you blast an animal with it!! In my avatar that's what I'm shooting an AR-10 308. But I prefer my bolt gun and it also depends what you're using your gun for. Each style and caliber serves a purpose.

You'll be fine with 308 especially shooting 30 rounds...Yes have to love the bang on a 308. Even better when you blast an animal with it!! In my avatar that's what I'm shooting an AR-10 308. But I prefer my bolt gun and it also depends what you're using your gun for. Each style and caliber serves a purpose.
.308 with all different loads... deer,hog, distance. shot out of a ruger scout, my absolute fave rifle. and i will be heart broken if i ever need to let it go. but i agree... oh and maybe i should shoot prone more, and less standing. (though if i am shooting at 50 yds standing groups dont matter much, it is more can i hit the damn thing)

Most people trading on here don't actually shoot their guns. If your Glock does not have a "smiley" within 2-3 months of you buying it, you need to shoot more.
glocks were meant to be shot.. silly people NIB MINTY FRESH... unless it is a "collector" glock... i will still stick with a SP-01 for my smileys

I think the only ones to really worry about would be magnum rifle calibers. They eat up that rifling quick. By quick I mean 1000 to 2000 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom