• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anvil

Alex, where in NE GA? There is a fella named Chuck over here in Catersville (actually much closer to Acworth) that wheels and deals in anvils and other old tools/equipment. You can find his contact/location info on Craigs List, just search anvils for sale. His prices are not cheap but honest, but he knows his tools and is easy to deal with. He buys in batches but due to the increase in interest, anvils don't stay long at his shop.
Also, if you are close to Alto/Lula area contact Scott D. - Solid Rock Knives. He's a good friend and great knifemaker - I've been working hard to lure him over to the "Dark Side" and he is starting to get the hang of forging blades. He will be up at Trackrock HI in Oct. Check out "Events" section here on ODT. You are welcome to attend. Sometimes anvils show up at the event that are for sale/trade.

Great information C Rex. I have a brother inlaw living in Young Harris. He is currently looking for an anvil for knife making. For years he has bought blank and made knives. He is now retired and wants to make his own.

Alex4922, if you don't already have an anvil a piece of rail road track will get you started. It's not the perfect set up but it will get you banging away on hot metal. I have seen several on ebay for a small fee.

Alex, where in NE GA? There is a fella named Chuck over here in Catersville (actually much closer to Acworth) that wheels and deals in anvils and other old tools/equipment. You can find his contact/location info on Craigs List, just search anvils for sale. His prices are not cheap but honest, but he knows his tools and is easy to deal with. He buys in batches but due to the increase in interest, anvils don't stay long at his shop.
Also, if you are close to Alto/Lula area contact Scott D. - Solid Rock Knives. He's a good friend and great knifemaker - I've been working hard to lure him over to the "Dark Side" and he is starting to get the hang of forging blades. He will be up at Trackrock HI in Oct. Check out "Events" section here on ODT. You are welcome to attend. Sometimes anvils show up at the event that are for sale/trade.
Scott made a knife for me years ago that is impressive..Also remind all the Track Rock Camp ground, event in Blairsville is great..If you want to watch, learn, purchase the Forges will be running and the Anvils gonna be pounded..

I have a Peter Wright that I could be persuaded into selling or trading. I'm guessing it's weight around 200-250+ pounds. Looking on Fleabay I see folks asking stoopid money for them. But your friend would have to be wanting to drive to Thomaston. I'll be glad to use the boom pole to lift into your truck or trailer.

I have a Peter Wright that I could be persuaded into selling or trading. I'm guessing it's weight around 200-250+ pounds. Looking on Fleabay I see folks asking stoopid money for them. But your friend would have to be wanting to drive to Thomaston. I'll be glad to use the boom pole to lift into your truck or trailer.
I'm curious what you want for it? lol

Back
Top Bottom