• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anxiety medication side affects

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
I have a close friend, who after loosing a spouse, has exhibited signs of anxiety. I have mentioned seeing a doctor to see if he needs to have something prescribed but he’s not having anything to do with that. He doesn’t want the side affects some have listed and because of fear of being placed on a “red flag” list. I don’t think that that’s how it works. Is he off-base with this thought pattern?

I'd think that the folks on antidepressants/bipolar meds would be flagged before people on anxiety medication. But if he's concerned about that, for better or worse there are plenty of "unlicensed neighborhood pharmacists" that one could buy benzodiazepines from.

Exercise and lots of it. I've been there thru the anxiety attacks, despair, ptsd, so bad makes you want to do end everything. After years of drs appts and medications of all types I stopped taking all the poison and started exercising. I sometimes get lost in wailing on my punching bag. I'm sorry about your friend, only he can bring himself out of it
It's 100% legal to beat the **** out of your punching bag

I'd think that the folks on antidepressants/bipolar meds would be flagged before people on anxiety medication. But if he's concerned about that, for better or worse there are plenty of "unlicensed neighborhood pharmacists" that one could buy benzodiazepines from.
I think he at least should talk to a doctor about what’s needed

Exercise and lots of it. I've been there thru the anxiety attacks, despair, ptsd, so bad makes you want to do end everything. After years of drs appts and medications of all types I stopped taking all the poison and started exercising. I sometimes get lost in wailing on my punching bag. I'm sorry about your friend, only he can bring himself out of it
It's 100% legal to beat the **** out of your punching bag
Now that I might be able to talk him into.

Turmeric is just as effective as SSRIs. Try 1000mg/day for a month before going the Big Pharma route. I can tell you firsthand this worked for my wife's anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom