• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anxiety medication side affects

I have a close friend, who after loosing a spouse, has exhibited signs of anxiety. I have mentioned seeing a doctor to see if he needs to have something prescribed but he’s not having anything to do with that. He doesn’t want the side affects some have listed and because of fear of being placed on a “red flag” list. I don’t think that that’s how it works. Is he off-base with this thought pattern?
Look. First off all what is his age group? Different needs arise at a certain age group and what the family dynamic is.
anxiety is a part of American life who cares who likes it or not, who is going though what no matter a horrible loss or from work/life balance….and those two are different just to note. If the person expresses signs of the deepend, please be with them. It is not easy. I am 40, two healthy kids and my brother from another mother lost a son (4yrsold) a year week from today. I feel it every day. Imagine someone asking questions every day why.. anyway.
look, I was never a proponent of “modern meds” because I was taught “you man you make due..you not show…

f that. Be there for you bretherin modern meds have a place and HELP. But talking about it when they are ready is key. Nothing is normal about losing someone way to early. Just got to be present even without a word and not bird dog but !be present! God give peace. It aint easy. Be we have each other.

Oh man oh man I'm here for the comments. Imagine a world where there's no side effects to any of our actions.

By all means, thanks for coming to my Ted talk. Make sure he doesn't buy any guns lol
Not sure if you are trying to be helpful in some way or just joking about the situation

I can’t imagine losing a spouse and not having feelings of anxiety as well as depression and anger. The loss of a close confidante, lover and friend must leave a hole in your soul that is impossible to fill. Your friend is in my prayers. I have not walked the road he is on so I have no answers. I hope he stays connected to loved ones and friends And I hope his loved ones and friends makes sure that he does.

I have a close friend, who after loosing a spouse, has exhibited signs of anxiety. I have mentioned seeing a doctor to see if he needs to have something prescribed but he’s not having anything to do with that. He doesn’t want the side affects some have listed and because of fear of being placed on a “red flag” list. I don’t think that that’s how it works. Is he off-base with this thought pattern?
The long term side effects on most anti depressants, and pain killers often are worse than the original symptoms. Do some research and look into the discussion forums that spring up.

GABA helps healthily mental functions, many other natural products do as well. Most don’t have the horrible side effects. I use GABA to help me focus on race day. The results were obvious as I won 8 or more races at Atlanta Dragway last year, and went to the semis and finals in all but a few races in the other semi pro circuits I participated in.
I have diabetes slightly high BP, and severe bone degenerative disease. I use a mixture of natural and pharmacy medications.
Takes some experimentalism but with a little effort and time he should be able to figure out somethings to limit the side effects and the Govts knowledge of any possible conditions.

i know a police officer with anxiety problems and on medication for it, if they didn't red flag him. they shouldn't red flag your friend. everybody has something wrong with them, they just haven't been diagnosed yet. i guarantee you could take anyone to a shrink and they would find something wrong with them.

Back
Top Bottom