• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 2A attorneys on ODT?

Are there any attorneys on ODT that specialize in Georgia firearm laws? I am currently a Registered Nursing student and would like to place one on retainer. As a WCL holder I have every intention of carrying on campus come 1 July and would like to be prepared should the school attempt to violate my right to carry. It has been made clear to me that the school and the program oppose campus carry; I have no intention of backing down and want to be prepared for a fight if necessary.

Just curious as to how they made this clear to you and what exactly they said. We have had some discussions on how the universities will try to fight this so would be good to get a first hand account of what they are doing.

Are there any attorneys on ODT that specialize in Georgia firearm laws? I am currently a Registered Nursing student and would like to place one on retainer. As a WCL holder I have every intention of carrying on campus come 1 July and would like to be prepared should the school attempt to violate my right to carry. It has been made clear to me that the school and the program oppose campus carry; I have no intention of backing down and want to be prepared for a fight if necessary.
You & I have disagreed big time before but I support what you're doing 100% and applaud your decision to not back down and fight the turds that want to deny your rights. GIVE EM' HELL!

No intentions to open carry, for starters the law states it must be concealed. I plan on carrying my P229 Legion IWB under my scrubs, paid significantly extra for scrubs with belt loops and extra large and long tops just for the purpose of facilitating concealed carry. So far the school has not issued an "official" statement but some of the special little snowflakes in my class are throwing one helluva hissy fit and the program tends to cater to them. One of our especially delicate students (I nicknamed him flammer) has already started trying to find ways to force the school to prohibit carry in the Nurse Sciences building. We are currently on summer break, but I imagine when we return all hell is going to break loose, because I plan on giving them hell!!
Oh rest assured, if they attempt to deny my right to carry I will sue the living crap out of them and donate every penny, above cost, to pro gun groups to further fight for our rights. I'm old school Airborne, I loves me a good fight!! I especially love making snowflakes and leftie turds cry. Don't worry I will definitely "GIVE EM" HELL"!!

P.S. If one more classmate tells me that I need to be more sensitive I'm going to throat punch them!!

Lol!
IMG_1893.PNG

I can see where they may be an issue with any practicum, which will probably be off campus in 3rd party facilities.

The whole campus carry is going to be a Brave New World, because the whole institutional structure of the Georgia University system is going to be devoted to making it unworkable.

The UGA Kiddie cops are bad enough dealing with DUI and students peeing in the bushes, I shudder to think of what new FU's they can come up with. (Truth-UGA cops stake out trees on N. Campus to catch students peeing on them.)

I was just in our local hospital for a procedure, and it has "no weapons allowed" posters all over the building. Even being a hospital, it's private property, and the signs have the same "advisory capacity' as all such signs on private property.

I think a hospital in particular would have a special risk in denying services to someone because they were legally carrying a weapon.

This is a public college, right?

Private schools not only DON'T have any new "campus carry" rights under HB 280, but they can have their own gun bans even more restrictive than the state law.
They can enforce private property gun bans through administrative / academic penalties and the criminal trespass law.

Back
Top Bottom