• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 6.5 creedmoor reloaders?

standard deviation, Is a measure of how close each shot’s velocity will be to the "average" shot. I have tested them with my custom match rifles as well as some of my hunting rigs.

If your group opens up a little by changing from a Fed primer to a CCI primer, its probably a FPS situation. You would need to adjust your powder charge slightly to adjust for the CCI primer as it is a little hotter. Atleast that's what I have experienced in all of my Creed rifles. Both primers shoot very good in my rifles.

I've reloaded quite a few rounds out of the 6.5 Creedmoor the last few years and love the cartridge.

As for equipment, my Whidden dies with the changeable neck bushing have loaded some very nice ammo. Redding dies are also a solid option.

Hornady brass has worked well. My cycle is 4-5 firings and then annealing for a reset. Primers seem to hold on as long as you don't run very hot. My loads need to work across the country and in different environments, so I run at the moderate node not the highest possible.

H4350 powder is the gold standard, and IMR 4451 is a good substitute (same recipe, but H4350 is made in Australia and IMR 4451 is made in Canada). RL17 is a good alternative as well.

I've used nearly all of the bullets out there. Lapua 136gr Scenar-Ls are probably the most accurate and consistent 6.5 bullet on the planet right now. Berger 130gr and 140gr Hybrids always deliver solid performance with nice BC numbers. Hornady, Sierra, Barnes and Noslers fall in behind. The new ELD bullets from Hornady are showing great promise in some load workups but I haven't played with too many quite yet.

As for primers, I've used CCIs and Federals as available with nearly similar performance. Between brands and various lots, I'm seeing about 10-20 fps differences. The big speed changes come from foreign primers such as Wolf/Tula and S&B.

I've reloaded quite a few rounds out of the 6.5 Creedmoor the last few years and love the cartridge.

As for equipment, my Whidden dies with the changeable neck bushing have loaded some very nice ammo. Redding dies are also a solid option.

Hornady brass has worked well. My cycle is 4-5 firings and then annealing for a reset. Primers seem to hold on as long as you don't run very hot. My loads need to work across the country and in different environments, so I run at the moderate node not the highest possible.

H4350 powder is the gold standard, and IMR 4451 is a good substitute (same recipe, but H4350 is made in Australia and IMR 4451 is made in Canada). RL17 is a good alternative as well.

I've used nearly all of the bullets out there. Lapua 136gr Scenar-Ls are probably the most accurate and consistent 6.5 bullet on the planet right now. Berger 130gr and 140gr Hybrids always deliver solid performance with nice BC numbers. Hornady, Sierra, Barnes and Noslers fall in behind. The new ELD bullets from Hornady are showing great promise in some load workups but I haven't played with too many quite yet.

As for primers, I've used CCIs and Federals as available with nearly similar performance. Between brands and various lots, I'm seeing about 10-20 fps differences. The big speed changes come from foreign primers such as Wolf/Tula and S&B.

Good info, thank you. Good to here some other people like the IMR 4451 as H4350 is hard to find.

Scheels.com has hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass. Last time I was at Smallwood firearms in Sharpsburg...I saw brass there too. I use BR2 primers. The Berger 140gr hybrids are rated at @.607 BC and that beats the 185gr hybrid .308s!

I've had great results with either of the 4350, Hybrid 100v, Varget. I used rcbs die set. Cci and Rem 9 1/2 primers is what I've used. Haven't experimented much. 100v has been great for me

I have some Berger 130VLD and 135 Classic hunter bullets that I am going to try. I have read that it is best to use the Redding micrometer seating die on the Bergers, so as to not mess up the long profile on them. Anyone had any problems with Bergers, and is there any special trick to seating them?

Back
Top Bottom