• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 6.5 creedmoor reloaders?

I am loading on a Dillon 550 using Lee dies. I use a Hornady digital scale when I get to the powder step. I use any large rifle primer I have on hand - using S&Bs right now. H4350 powder - bought 4 lbs when Cabelas had some in stock. Using Nosler Custom Competition projectiles - usually 140s but sometimes 123s.

RCBS DIES, Forster micro seating dies, reamed by Forster from .264 to .266, for the different place the seating dies come into place to seat the bullets,.

Reason, not all bullets have the same bullet ogive surface on the different brands, or length, or weight bullets. Therefore we have the standard .264, which is standard and now the 6.5 seater reamed to .266, aggravation is now behind us because of the remedy of the problem...

We always trim all fired brass each and every time they are fired, try to trim to the maximum trim length and no shorter... Take care of your rifle, brass, trimming of the brass, and use only good premium bullets, brass, primers, and powder...

"Everyone has a load they like if the rifle likes your load you have a marriage with your rifle."

good luck and, KEEP'M ALL IN THE 10X RING...

Going to start my first loads next week. I am going to start with 130 grain Berger VLD hunting, but also have some Berger 140 and Nosler RDF 140. I have a CBTO of 2.235 and COAL of 2.875 with the 130s to the lands. Not sure of my starting COAL yet. It is going in a Savage 10FCP. Berger suggests a starting load of 37.5 grains of H4350 and a max of 41.6. That seems pretty light, so I'm thinking of starting at around 42 grains. Any thoughts?

H4350, 42.7 grains, 140 HORNADY, is a great load...

ONLY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK....

DO NOT USE WITH SPORTER BARRELS...

We are using a friends SAVAGE, MODEL #12, with a 26" barrel, fluted barrel, and the barrel dia. is approx 1.25" HEAVY BOY"..

AND VERY, VERY, ACCURATE...

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to shooting this gun. It has the 24" heavy fluted barrel, threaded of course. While I'm sure it doesn't weigh near what your friend's Model 12 does, it is certainly heavier than any of my hunting rifles, especially when you mount a big scope and bipod on it. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom