• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 922(r) "experts" out there?

Has the ATF ever nitpicked a person into prison over 922R? I'm not saying to ignore it but seems like a possible non issue.
You catch a 922(r) charge they got you by the short and curlies on a whole stack of other stuff. Never heard of a single prosecution for 922(r) violation.

That's true, but not the point in me posting this

Okay, I'll leave your post alone.

giphy.gif

Okay, I'll leave your post alone.

giphy.gif

I'm just saying that whether you'll get charged for it isn't the point. Gun owners jump thru all kinds of ridiculous hoops that are hard to understand in the name of trying to comply with law. You'd think they'd at least make it clear, but I think that's part of the strategy - make it so complicated people ignore it or just give up.

Personally (not that I'd violate the tax man's law) I think it's retarded to have to replace $15 worth of milsurp milspec OEM FCG parts (think FAL) for $150 worth of Amuricun made soft shyte parts to satisfy an import prohibition. Appreciate you posting the info though. I haven't looked at 922 (r) for anything other than FALs.

Personally (not that I'd violate the tax man's law) I think it's retarded to have to replace $15 worth of milsurp milspec OEM FCG parts (think FAL) for $150 worth of Amuricun made soft shyte parts to satisfy an import prohibition. Appreciate you posting the info though. I haven't looked at 922 (r) for anything other than FALs.

I completely agree. Being compliant isn't cheap and solves nothing.

So, looking at the parts lists... are there 3 parts you can change?

Follower looks OK, but I can't think of any of the others that would be easy to swap out w/ a US part.

So, looking at the parts lists... are there 3 parts you can change?

Follower looks OK, but I can't think of any of the others that would be easy to swap out w/ a US part.

Follower and stock, but I really don't understand the sear. I thought the trigger groups were the same between the M4 and the Supernova Tactical, but apparently the M4 doesn't have a sear. The 3rd part is a big issue because there is no replacement handguard and individual trigger parts are not sold.

Back
Top Bottom