• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any A/C guys or gals on here? Need a new system so what should I buy and why?

I dont think you’re going to get much info on this without having someone size your current system. If your current system is ducted properly, right amount of supplys/returns and piping size is correct and in good condition, I dont know why you would abandon that for min splits unless you have a unique situation. Get a competent hvac tech out to the house. Short of that, you’re guessing.

I dont think you’re going to get much info on this without having someone size your current system. If your current system is ducted properly, right amount of supplies/returns and piping size is correct and in good condition, I dont know why you would abandon that for min splits unless you have a unique situation. Get a competent hvac tech out to the house. Short of that, you’re guessing.
I would also agree with this

I just had all my ducts re done,new inside and outside 3.5 Ton unit for $6k

1 year service plan, 3 year parts and labor warranty and a 10 year mfg parts warranty. All warranties are fully transferable.

The unit is Amersistar,same as American Standard

I just had all my ducts re done,new inside and outside 3.5 Ton unit for $6k

1 year service plan, 3 year parts and labor warranty and a 10 year mfg parts warranty. All warranties are fully transferable.

The unit is Amersistar,same as American Standard
Amersistar is almost like a plain jane trane with some chinese parts mostly in the condenser side, not bad units honestly

At a point in my younger days I worked for an A/C company that sold Bryant, Carrier and Payne. The units would come with 3 different labels. We would stick which ever label the customer ordered on the exterior. Some people would tell us "I hate one or the other and I want the best so give me the Carrier" so we would stick the Carrier label on it.

Back
Top Bottom