• Tacos

• Neither, m16's/m4's are girly guns and men shoot m14,s

Results are only viewable after voting.

nwbn90

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   1
Reaction score
So I'm about to "pull the trigger" on my first acog.
I've saved up for a while and with my b-day approaching i have an "excuse" to drop the coin. I've heard good things about them. But other than eye relief being somewhat short and price, Are they're any big downsides to them???

Thanks

I have a TA-11H on my SCAR 17.. It is super clear super bright and worth every penny! it is my GTG... I have many AR's and have scoped for coyote's, and some sightmarks for CQB.. Have not invested in for AR.. Let me know what you choose!

Have you shot an ACOG much? It's definitely a matter of personal preference, but I don't care for them.

They are definitely rugged and reliable, easy to use, with good glass.

I'm just not a fan of fixed power optics in the 3-4x power range. For me, it's too much power for up close, but not as much as I'd like for reaching out in a non-training environment. For me, works great from 100-250yrds.

The sun burns out the fiber, when not in use keep it covered. That being said, your not going to the desert for 3 years so you should be fine. Its a well rounded optic, that can take a beating.

Psilloh1 Psilloh1 thanks for the info. I'm getting the TA51. Will probably mount it in the carry handle so not to loose irons capability

I will give the Acog a thumbs up....but as you mentioned, do check the eye relief.....they vary from model to model. In your above message, you mentioned you are getting the TA51?....that is actually their mount type....which model were you looking at?

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom